Thread: ship a jet boat

Default ship a jet boat

hey everyone. my name is lee. i m from pennsylvania. i am looking at getting an inboard jet boat. here on the east coast it s hard to find boats like weld craft, customweld, etc. around here we have seaark pedators, and custom jon boats with outboards. i currenty have a seaark 24 ft with a 90/65 yamaha 4 stroke jet. i want to get a buy an inboard jet with a cabin with the drop down curtain in back. does anyoe know the best way to get a boat from your area to pa. any help would be helpful. thanks

I suggest you start looking on craigslist in the Washington, Oregon and BC (Canada) areas. Also check this forum for boats for sale:
    http://www.meanchicken.net/webmain/f...15bd61455511da

There are a ton of used boats on the market and it is pretty easy to pick up a barely used inboard jet boat with extremely low hours 3-4 years old for about 50-60% of what a new one would cost you. No need to go to Alaska, better deals in the lower 48.

Find one you like and drive out and tow it back.

I agree with Snowwolfe; a greater selection of inboard jetboats to be had in the PNW for less money than what the same $$$ gets one for here. Look in the Idaho CL also.

Call Glen @ www.wooldridgeboats.com and see what they have or know of that might be sitting around somewhere.
    FYI, their in Washington State.

Lewiston, Idaho/Clarkston, Washinton are across the Snake River from each other, between those two towns there are a bunch of aluminum jet boat manufacturers(4-6?). Lots of used ones around those towns too, jet boating is big, as others have mentioned, in the PNW. Check CL for those two towns, Spokane WA, Coeur d' Alene ID, Tri-cities WA (Kennewick, Richland, Pasco).

thanks for the replies. very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific23 View Post
    Call Glen @ www.wooldridgeboats.com and see what they have or know of that might be sitting around somewhere.
    FYI, their in Washington State.

We ship a few boats to PA. We have one going in a couple months. Rate will vary with the size and current fuel costs etc. At the present time a 20' boat from Seattle to PA would start at about $3500. I do know of a good deal on a 19' Wooldridge Inboard, I don't personally own the boat. It belongs to a lady that recently lost her husband and has asked us to help her sell it. She just lowered the price to $14,995.00. See the link here.........http://www.wooldridgeboats.com/pre-owned. Scroll down to the 7th or so boat.- Glen

Hey Lee go www.brinsfields.com They are a boat broker in Portland, OR They have a 2008 Custom Weld Storm inboard jet boat with only 35 hours and it's loaded with everything you could ever want. Check into shipping a boat by rail train to you, it might be less than having it towed or hauled.

fyi; this past summer I went to weldcraft-duckworth factory @ clarkston wa. and I agree with earlier post concerning available boats in this area. It is junction of clearwater and snake rivers. the snake goes south to hells canyon and on to the salmon river. So let me throw a "what if" at you. I'll guestimate your milage @ 2500 mile one way to lewiston id. so why not take a vacation? I've drove from ft.wayne,In.to missoula with 36 hrs driving time. you can figure the extra miles. will add more info on routes if you want. anyway there is a very nice state campgroungs just south of Lewiston along the snake river. (hells canyon st.park) also several dealers along the road to town and in clarkston wa. (I'm really underestimating the # of dealers) (and brands of boats) I have a 3 yr old weldcraft here at home, but I was like a kid in a toy shop. good thing my wife put a tight rein on me!some of the jets sounded as if they had almost full race motors. By booking early you can get on tour boats heading up in hells canyon. Enough of my memories for now, you can ring my bell if more info is wanted. Good luck with your search. Oh ya, look at r.v. haulers from elkhart area looking for a return back to your area....

uship.com worked for me when I had a boat shipped from Portland OR to Indiana, got a better rate then I could find from a back haul and I live in Elkhart County.