Thread: brown bear hunt

Default brown bear hunt

Thinking about a coastal brown bear hunt with an outfitter that hunts north of Prince William Sound in the Chugach Moutain Range. Open to any suggestions of someone who has been there. Spring or fall (why) and what months in either hunts

north of prince william sound in the mtns there are very very few coastal brown bears, most are on the east side of prince william, if you are actually in the mtns most would not consider those bears coastal browns....even though they are closer to the coast than most. they are in effect grizzlies if one can tell the diff. easier to bump up a price tag if you call them brown though...
    more specific where you'll be hunting or who with and you might get some more information that would be specific.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

The guy you want to book a hunt with is right above this post

Welcome to the forum from an ex N.H. resident. I concur with "dvarmit " You need to talk with Jake Jefferson forum name BRWNBR
    He can hunt the BIG Kodiak bear and if a fall hunt you might combine Blacktail Deer and or MT.Goats

suggestions,...(?)

From what I've heard and read around here, you just ran into one in post #2

Track that guy down, hire him if you can,
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Thanks for the reply. Thats the kind of info I am looking for. The outfitter is Robert Hardy at ak-bearhunting.com. I've talked to a couple references and they both gave him a A+. One shot a 9 1/2 footer

pm me for info on hardy....i can't post it in here. my email if you can't pm is
    brhc1911@yahoo.com i've had some clients that have hunted with him as well....
    its an investment, your doing the right thing by checkin' it out as best you can before you financialy commit.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

As others have said, Jake (BRWNBR) would be someone I wouldn't hesitate to put on a short list of folks who have the credentials and the abilities in regards to the hunt you are seeking.

Best of luck.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Look into hunting Hinchinbrook or Montague Island if you want to go somewhere in Prince William Sound.

This picture isn't mine, but this internet legend was taken on Hinchinbrook:

giant-grizzly-paw.jpg

Ordinarily they're not that big but there's a lot of them and PWS is so epic. If you're coming to visit from outside, I'd use any excuse to go there.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6