Thread: New mechanicl broadhead rules

Default New mechanicl broadhead rules

What is the latest on this change in regs. for the use of mechanical broadheads. Not a big fan of them but just curious.
    Never thought they would be as useful or effective as good old fixed blades.

You beat me to the punch. Before Griz and Moose were not aloud to be taken with mechanical. Now, all big game is aloud. I was never a fan of mechanical until the Rage's came out. So far for me, they have been trust worthy and stand the test. Have personally seen a red fox nearly cut in half. They open a real nice wound channel up.

Heard good things about the Rage and Shwacker. Both seem like a good way to go, but I'm going to have a tough time not continuing to shoot my Shuttle T-Locks.

what are we talking about here, did the board of game do something regarding broadheads? the regs for this year are the same as previous years regarding mechanical heads and big game/medium size big game

I like fixed blades myself but have used mechanicals with good results too

fox= hot knife through butter....

I've seen well known mechs fail on wolves, yotes, and caribou first hand.

Gonna be interesting to see the uneducated mass's run to a mech just for the sake of 'easier' tuning.

I've used mechanical broadheads successfully on black bears, particularly Rage 2 blade. Great broadhead, it will be on the end of my arrows this spring bear season. I don't use it for a lack of knowledge on tuning, I always tune my bows to shoot fixed BH dead on with my field points. I use Rage for black bears because they work great, I had them pile up in under 10yds leaving a good bloodtrail. Now for anything bigger than caribou and black bear I will stick to my fixed heads just because I feel more confident in them on bigger game.

Talking Props 60 and 61

I bet whoever wrote propositions 60 and 61 is going to be P I S S E D!!
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine