Thread: Monster Buck-Youth Hunt

Default Monster Buck-Youth Hunt

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet and it isn't from Alaska but a great buck and great story none the less. This 15 yr old shot this 203 in (green score) buck on a Wisconsin youth hunt. The pictures were taken in front of a Cabela's. Cabela's offered this youngster $25,000 for the rack and also offered to have replicas made for him and to let him keep the cape. The boy turned it down and the Cabela's manager called the headquarters and was allowed to offer $61,000, he still turned it down. Hopefully this photobucket thing works.

"...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

HOly Crap, I would have a hard time turning down 61,000 dollars.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

That is a monster white-tail. Way bigger than most mulies.

25 grand to 61 grand ,I got to remember that when I take a big one.I'll take the cash the cape and 2 fake racks .That would cover my hunts for a couple of years,hunts I would not be able to do otherwise.

Wow, super buck and what an offer! Unless that kids parents are very well off I would hope he would reconsider that offer - invest that at his age and he would have a very nice portfolio in a short time... That is unless the world falls apart, which it may at this pace of spend spend spend!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Saw this alot in when I was in Kansas with the Cabelas there....lot of farmers padded their pockets with some nice cash.

I am still holding on to a nice 24 pointer I got while there..might email them a picture and see what they offer me..lol

Great hunt..sure he will remember this forever..
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

If the storys true and they did pass on the cash they are fools!!!!

They may be fools but I think it's great that a 15yr old kid would turn down money like that for his deer, I think it says a lot about him. I'm sure dad had something to do with it though.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by AKHunterNP View Post
    They may be fools but I think it's great that a 15yr old kid would turn down money like that for his deer, I think it says a lot about him. I'm sure dad had something to do with it though.
    I agree. What is the price of your kids' dreams and memories? There's important, and then there's IMPORTANT.

I grew up in Missouri and it seemed like you would hear a story like this every couple of years. Last one I remember a kid shot a high record book non-typical during the youth season. Cabelas called and the dad told them that not too many years down the road his son would have four years of college to pay for. Cabelas dropped enough for his son to make it through a good part of college, took the deer, made a few replicas, and returned the original to the family.

Awesome deer!

This deer and story are from about 4 years ago here in Wisconsin. The picture was taken in front of cabelas, they did offer to buy it ,just not the numbers you have heard. gotta love the internet. I had a client last year harvested a 221 inch nontypical with 49 inches of mass measurments. they said they were not buying any antlers at present or anytime soon.

Great deer, just don't believe all the storiesDSCN0466.jpg
    Quality Taxidermy is not expensive it is PRICELESS

well... guess that wraps up this thread)
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.