Thread: Sportjet pump work

Default Sportjet pump work

I'm going to go ahead and have my impellor rebuilt and have a stainless steel sleeve inserted this winter. I was wondering who, in southcentral, jet boaters recommended to do the work, and what I can expect to spend. My SS impellor is in pretty decent shape, I just wanted to have the sleeve installed and the impellor built up to tighter tolerances.

gary at greatland welding in palmer can do the rebuild and sleeve at the same time. it's very important to have the impeller built to close toleranceswith the sleeve. to do them both at the same time saves a lot of time and potential grief if the impeller is too big forthe sleeve (happened to me). One VERY IMPORTANT aspect of the job is to have the sleeve tightly put into the impeller housing. I also strongly encourage the use of loctite to hold it in place. unfortunately, i had the sleeve sli[p slightly and that caused my boat to overheat, because the water used for cooling was not available because the impeller housing was blocking the uptake of water into the engine. you will see what i'm talking about as soon as you take off the housing and see the five little holes in the side that the engine uses to take up water to cool. anyway, the sleeve and impeller rebuild are a good idea. they can really maximize performance of the sportjet

I second Gary at Greatland I did the same thing last year I want to say I paid 400 for each but not sure. I will tell you do both I had a new impelller I was going to put in when I had the ss sleave done and the impeller Gary rebuilt fit tighter then the new one. Made a big difference in the boat also. Chris
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Call garrett at Alaska frontier fabrications.

Another vote for Gary at Greatland. He did mine a couple years ago. Great deal. Schedule it sooner than later. He gets busy.......
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Greatland.
    Had him do both impeller and SS sleeve put in, was about 350 each.
    really nice job!

Well it looks like Gary will be getting my business. Thanks for all the suggestions guy's.