Thread: Sheep Skinning and Fleshing References?

Default Sheep Skinning and Fleshing References?

Anybody on the forum here have any useful references to recommend such as books and/or DVDs for skinning and fleshing sheep for shoulder mounts. I have a plan in place to visit the taxidermist I plan on using if successful but would also like some additional info on the matter. Last thing I want to do is to learn via OJT. Thanks for any input!

Rich Hamilton of Browtine Taxidermy in Noth Pole sells a set of 3 DVDs. "Wildlife Taxidermy" Super classy professional DVD in which he prepares a caribou and a bear... also a lot on meat care in the field. EXCELLENT.. you can not get better instruction!

Sorry....the name is "Wilderness Taxidermy"... it also stars Mr. Bartlett and Dr. Wade in the field. Good hunting video as well!

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Mike

hey Sapper, I concur with Knights Taxidermy field guide instructions.

Also, the Wilderness Taxidermy dvd set we produced with Brow-Tine Taxidermy covers a lot of useful tips and tricks to cape big game. It also offers some great tips on lightweight packable options for salt, blades, etc. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot about field taxidermy when producing this video. Has some great adventure included as well. It always helps to see it done by demonstration, too, besides reading a book and studying diagrams.

BTW, 3H...very nice avatar of your sheep, man. What a great pose, very clean, and awesome ram!

larry