Thread: Why is the 6x6 the Red-Headed (St)ranger of Polaris?

Default Why is the 6x6 the Red-Headed (St)ranger of Polaris?

Most everyone on this forum thinks the Ranger 6x6 is skookum!

But, Polaris seems to treat it like a red-haired step-child? There's not even a picture of one in the 2011 catalog. Only a little corner of one page with a description, buried behind the Electric and Diesel models. Is it just an Alaska-thing? The dealers that I've visited, can't seem to keep 6x6's in stock, but always have a RZR on display. Maybe Polaris only makes a few, or only fills customer orders? They don't seem to be much more expensive than the 4-wheel side-by-sides, so maybe there's no profit-margin? Could it be a warrantee issue?
    Anyway, sure is a strange marketing stategy for such a capable machine

6x6 ranger brings in the least profit.. high manufacturing cost...

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

These are my observations. Considering AK only has a population of 650,000 the market is really, really, really small compared to the rest of the nation let alone international market. Next, the Ranger 6X6 is plagued with misinformation (reliability issues) and misconception (longer wheelbase=highcentering). Next, 2010 and newer Ranger 6x6's are bigger, longer, heavier, and slower than the Ranger 4X4 and some users want to be able to go 50 mph down a trail or put a lift and 30"+ tires on their Side X Side and with the Ranger 6X6 you are limited to 28" tires at the most unless you have your own fab shop and know-how. I own a 2010 Ranger 6X6 and would have nothing else. I have had ZERO problems with anything on the machine. I have 1700 miles on it and have taken it on every kind of trail you can imagine (except for the really manly trails that 323 goes on) and it performs BETTER than a 4X4. I do not compare Side X Sides to Argo's they are completely different, but for a non-amphibious, wheeled, under $15k, hunting rig they CANNOT be beat.

You are right, dealers cannot keep them in stock. So, if you want one order now.

I kinda like it this way. Means I can get away from more people that can't go where my 6X6 Ranger takes me.
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

LOL I know of only one manly trail and I won't even go on it anymore. For you fellas that want to "test" your machine I will give you directions to this great trail...

To me it's more amazing off any trail, and what it can do to blaze new "trails". That's why I'm buying a new one this spring... unless someone other than 323 has theirs for sale... 2010 and newer only .

Quote Originally Posted by BAR300 View Post
    To me it's more amazing off any trail, and what it can do to blaze new "trails". That's why I'm buying a new one this spring... unless someone other than 323 has theirs for sale... 2010 and newer only .
    Don't blame you for not wanting to buy a used 6x6 from 323!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Don't blame you for not wanting to buy a used 6x6 from 323!
    Yea, Polaris ought to send any new Ranger 6X6 changes up here so 323 can put 'em through the paces.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    Yea, Polaris ought to send any new Ranger 6X6 changes up here so 323 can put 'em through the paces.
    who do you think all those safety directions on the dash are modled after... take a CLOSE look at the rider in the red circle with the hash through it... 323, has set the WHAT not to do for the ATV industry standard
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I love the 6x6! I worked for a Polaris dealership here in Oregon for a number of years and most people here in the lower 48 use there rangers as play or hunting rigs.Their main complaint about the 6x were that they tear up the ground around there berry fields and vineyards as all 4 in the rear turn at once sometimes just pushing the front in a straight line rather than turning in the mud. With the 4x you have the option to open the rear diff as not to tear things up. also in the lower 48 there is a width restriction on trails and that is where the razor comes in. that being said I will never get rid of my 6x6.

Jesus... Loose 3 halfshafts, a fan, transmission, shift linkage and a guy will never hear the end of it... The two skid plates I blame myself... I think I got all the bugs worked out of it.

You broke more on your 6x6 in one short season with easy riding than you have in two long hard season on your 4x4 Ranger! I think Vince is right they keep adding more and more safety stickers to wheelers due to you.

I think Polaris needs to put a little piece of paper in the glove box like what you find in your pants that says, "Inspected by 323"

LOL good one 1S1K