Thread: Bear Baiters now need to take a test.

Default Bear Baiters now need to take a test.

Accordind to an articl in the www.adn.com today, if I read it right all bear baiters will have to take a class or do a test online this year before you can regestior a station. Just a heads up.

The online course is pretty simple. I used to teach the bear baiting over here in Valdez. It was a fun evening and I was able to help the new people out. Now everything is online, so no one attends anymore. It really is not that hard to take the test.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

One of the cool things about going to a class is you sometimes get to see some cool videos or at least pictures. NBD

Is that for new bear baiters certification, or for everyone registering a bait station?

Is this now just extending the certificate requirement to all game units now? Will my current certification still be good?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Is that for new bear baiters certification, or for everyone registering a bait station?
    FOR THE STATION REGESTRANT..

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Is this now just extending the certificate requirement to all game units now? Will my current certification still be good?
    if you had it your good...

it is the first part of standardizing all the baiting regs across the state.. season and such have to go back to sub committee, before the march meeting. if you have input for that committee... read the props written by the greater alaska black bear committe... and let me know...i will be sure the get your notes in...

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...rd.meetinginfo props 118 119 120.. l118 is the one passed the others are defered... i did not catch all of the amendments to 118 regarding guides and stations..

the working / sub committee is made up of a group from across all 4 regions, ac, public, guides, and board.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AKCJ View Post
    One of the cool things about going to a class is you sometimes get to see some cool videos or at least pictures. NBD
    class is online you can take the test as many times as need be.. till you pass.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thanks Vince.

Looks like unit 1-5 don't need the cert.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

So right AKCJ, when I went in Anchorage a couple winters back, they even had a bear skinning seminar after class. Good info and they even passed out a dvd.

Oh that's cool! Maybe next year we can take a required state test before we get to hunt moose, or how about a salmon identification test before we go fishing this summer! I just love how there continues to be more and more restrictions are our ability to harvest OUR game in Alaska. This may seem like no big deal to most but where does it end???

Z_rocck, I kinda agree with you and by the sound of your post it sounds like you were born here or at least grew up here.

I disagree with this for the people that grew up here, but I do have to agree that the newcomers will change the picture.

Theres two kind of people here, and thats something you have to keep in mnd. There are the owners and the visitiors.

If you want to try and change this you have to get involved. AC meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Looks like unit 1-5 don't need the cert.
    i THINK it was already required there... i have to go back and dig up the regs from the other meeting.

meet on face book here

Just for kicks I took the test to see how I'd fare... 23 out of 25 aka FAILED! I attended a clinic about 8 years ago. Can't hurt to brush up fellas.... obviously

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...arbaiting.main
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Out of the 2011-2012 regs:
    BBC (Bear Baiting Clinic) required in the following units:
    6D, parts of 7, 14A, 14B, 15, 16A, 20B
    Units 1-5 only needed the permit, no class.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by AKHunterNP View Post
    Out of the 2011-2012 regs:
    BBC (Bear Baiting Clinic) required in the following units:
    6D, parts of 7, 14A, 14B, 15, 16A, 20B
    Units 1-5 only needed the permit, no class.
    Yep. requirement does not appear to kick in till until after the current regulation year (July1).

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    Z_rocck, I kinda agree with you and by the sound of your post it sounds like you were born here or at least grew up here.

I disagree with this for the people that grew up here, but I do have to agree that the newcomers will change the picture.

Theres two kind of people here, and thats something you have to keep in mnd. There are the owners and the visitiors.

If you want to try and change this you have to get involved. AC meetings.

I think they should also require the outsiders to take a driving test on winter roads. There were 3 cars in the ditch yesterday only way to anchorage and as I recall the roads were dry. I get pretty tired of doing extra because every body else is a moron.

Yep 1-5 don't need bow hunting cert also.Think its the make up of people with few big city folks and mostly subsistence qualified hunters.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Has nothing to do with the makeup of the people down there Has everything to do with the State not having enough money to effectively give classes to all those hard to reach communities.