Thread: And the beat goes on

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

And the comment made on the ADN page by R. Howard speaks clearly to the larger underlying problem at hand:

"rvhoward

While realizing there are problems that must be discussed and solved, I am unfortunately compelled to once again point out publicly and as example, that while working on solutions for the critical wildlife habitat of the Jim Swan Wetlands in the Knik R. Watershed damaging 'misinformation' was strongly promoted by a now sitting BOG member, supporters, and affiliates. DNR took this 'bait' hook, line, and sinker. This errant, complex, multi faceted mess is heavily documented and still in process.
    Getting back to open and respectable science based wildlife management is imperative."
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence

Its strange how a hundred and twenty years ago with no help there was plenty of game and even more bears and wolves. This whole think is people thinking they have more right to a nature eating lifestyle the the rest of nature. Folks will say God put critters on earth for man to eat but forget the part where they are supposed to take care of it themselfs. If half to the folks would leave alaska we would have abundant game again in five years. Bears and wolves did not wipeout the caribou migration that used to move through Anchorage and thats a fact for F&G to work on.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Its strange how a hundred and twenty years ago with no help there was plenty of game and even more bears and wolves. This whole think is people thinking they have more right to a nature eating lifestyle the the rest of nature. Folks will say God put critters on earth for man to eat but forget the part where they are supposed to take care of it themselfs. If half to the folks would leave alaska we would have abundant game again in five years. Bears and wolves did not wipeout the caribou migration that used to move through Anchorage and thats a fact for F&G to work on.
    Yes, provided the "half of the folks" your referring to included The Parnell administration, the crooks who have infiltrated the BOG, a particular Ford salesman, and their crony "sportsmen" who think like them.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    If half to the folks would leave alaska we would have abundant game again in five years.
    Don't look for that to happen anytime soon, as long as the state is handing out money and the reality shows are painting Alaska as a romantic frontier.
    I too wish it could go back to what it used to be, but I am largely over pining for it. People will keep coming up here and competing for the same resources on what little land is accessible and legal for the average guy (which isn't that much land when you stop and think about it).
    The reality is, man is now a big part of the picture, has altered the balance considerably, and that balance now needs to be tweaked. All ADF&G can do about it is try to keep the fish and game alive and reproducing and manage to the constitution's mandate.
    The smaller that government becomes, the bigger my support for it will be. The opposite is also true.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    The reality is, man is now a big part of the picture, has altered the balance considerably, and that balance now needs to be tweaked. All ADF&G can do about it is try to keep the fish and game alive and reproducing and manage to the constitution's mandate.
    And yet ADF&G has had, for some time, a large boot standing on their throat.

(Even in my limited, weary experience and much to my distaste, I am in position to confirm instances of that profession.)

Quote Originally Posted by 68 Bronco View Post
    .... and awareness grows: http://www.adn.com/2012/01/27/228693...resources.html

Reposted, updated version on ADN website:

http://www.adn.com/2012/01/29/228995...s-mission.html