Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new things for hunting season 2012 .... like no deer pee on them hip boots

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default new things for hunting season 2012 .... like no deer pee on them hip boots

Just a short list... of some of the changes that will go un noticed until tolate...

1... Felt soled waders went on the chopping block to match the fishing reg... they will no longer be allowed in Alaska Streams hunting OR fishing...

2... a new list of allowable pack animals... unless certified by a vet to not spread disease to sheep and goat...

3... May no longer Posses or use Deer or Elk urine in the field. and an effort to stop importation will occure... to prevent the possibility of CWD making it to AK.. ( made no distinction for synthetic or not.. or moose lures manufactured in AK???? are an unknown at this time. )

sure a lot of discussion and effort to keep L48 contaminants where they belong.. Not sure how it will affect folks...

more to come for sure.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

And of interest to the bowhunters, proposal 57 passed. Mechanical broadheads are now legal for all big game in Alaska.

Yk

Good to see you again Vince. Feel free to stop by anytime you're down my way.
    Scott

Thanks for the updates Vince. I haven't had a chance to follow the meetings, so this is my best source for hearing what has been decided at this point.

Zero population growth for Anchorage did not pass and it would have done the most for L-48 problems comming to Alaska
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Zero population growth for Anchorage did not pass and it would have done the most for L-48 problems comming to Alaska
    D a m nnit, I really had my heart set on that passing !

Uhhh, what is up with felt waders being a no no??????
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknife View Post
    And of interest to the bowhunters, proposal 57 passed. Mechanical broadheads are now legal for all big game in Alaska.

Yk
    I'm not a fan of Mechanical Broadheads, especially on large big game animals......not good.

Here's a little background...this was acted upon initially in 2010:

http://troutunlimitedblog.com/alaska...e-wading-gear/

http://stopans.org/Science_of_felt.php

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf1 View Post
    Here's a little background...this was acted upon initially in 2010:

http://troutunlimitedblog.com/alaska...e-wading-gear/

http://stopans.org/Science_of_felt.php

Thanks Lone Wolf1 - I had never seen these type waders and was thinking the felt was on the "inside" and couldn't figure out how that could have any impact!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    I'm not a fan of Mechanical Broadheads, especially on large big game animals......not good.
    I am with you - I have experimented over the years and lost too many animals to what should have been good hits. Poor penetration and many times no exit = poor blood trail was not acceptable. I have no problem getting fixed broadheads to fly great out to 40 yards and rarely have I needed to shoot more than 25 anyway... way to many chaps promoting them simply to get a profit I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Just a short list... of some of the changes that will go un noticed until tolate...

1... Felt soled waders went on the chopping block to match the fishing reg... they will no longer be allowed in Alaska Streams hunting OR fishing...

2... a new list of allowable pack animals... unless certified by a vet to not spread disease to sheep and goat...

3... May no longer Posses or use Deer or Elk urine in the field. and an effort to stop importation will occure... to prevent the possibility of CWD making it to AK.. ( made no distinction for synthetic or not.. or moose lures manufactured in AK???? are an unknown at this time. )

sure a lot of discussion and effort to keep L48 contaminants where they belong.. Not sure how it will affect folks...

more to come for sure.
    Do you have the list of allowable pack animals?

Looks like meat can now be bartered starting july 2012
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Do you have the list of allowable pack animals?
    anything with a ranger tab from what I was told

"Do you have the list of allowable pack animals?"

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    anything with a ranger tab from what I was told

So what kinda hip waders do Rangers get to wear?? ~~LOL!!~~
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

It all seems like a big circle around with non-solutions that ignore the real problem.

The easiest way to keep L48 bugs out of the state is to stop letting L48ers into the state. Duh.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

where do we find all the proposals that passed or failed?
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by AKHunterNP View Post
    where do we find all the proposals that passed or failed?
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...rd.meetinginfo

It's right there at the top of the list under "Preliminary Actions Taken"

Yk

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    I am with you - I have experimented over the years and lost too many animals to what should have been good hits. Poor penetration and many times no exit = poor blood trail was not acceptable. I have no problem getting fixed broadheads to fly great out to 40 yards and rarely have I needed to shoot more than 25 anyway... way to many chaps promoting them simply to get a profit I feel.

If you guys have this problem, you for sure haven't used the Rage Expandables. If you want I can add pictures of what they do. No problem at all with them. My brother almost cut a red fox in half with one. I've killed multiple deer with them. They are the shiznat. Seriously, try them out. I love this law, because it expands your kill zone with a larger cutting channel. They're sick. I've seen deer that wouldn't have been killed if not for the Rages. Yes, it is a whitetail and not a moose, but it's the same thing really. They cut through it all and leave a great blood trail.

I've never tried the rage expandables, but I have used others, .......used to be a fan of NAP spitfires because of the truer arrow flight until I shot a whitetail from a blind at 26 yards quartering away and never got a good blood trail and not the penetration I wanted, recovered the deer 200 -plus yards and 5 hours later. Also, My buddy gutshot a doe at 30 yards when she jumped the strings and the arrow did not pass thru when we finally recovered her the next day.....never again will I use a mechanical broadhead, the animal deserves a quick clean kill and minimal suffering. I could understand for small game but not for big game (just my opinion).....

Wasn't trying to deter away from the subject of this thread but, I was just surprised they passed this .....oh well, maybe the newer and better expandables are better designed and guarranteed to open up and do their job......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast