Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seawolf 30' LC for sale, twin 225 Etecs

Default Seawolf 30' LC for sale, twin 225 Etecs

Not sure if there's another place to post for-sale boats...if so, sorry...please move it.

2005. Perfect condition. 300 hrs on engines (est). Teak interior, flawless...fore/aft control stations...dark charcoal microfiber in forward berth and on settee cushions...subdued darker green laminate countertops...fridge, glass cooktop (with flip-up cover)...furnace (all Wallace)...enclosed head...iCom radio, Raymarine chartplotter (GPS plotter, radar, depth, fishfinder), flush-mounted compass....

A stunning boat...all on an EZ-loader trailer

Please email for photos and to discuss further. This is a very sought-after boat...the cadillac of welded aluminum boats in terms of fit/finish.

mmcannava@acsalaska.net

Stop the teasing, post a link or something to review some pics & or additional details.

Quote Originally Posted by mmcannava View Post
    Not sure if there's another place to post for-sale boats...if so, sorry...please move it.

2005. Perfect condition. 300 hrs on engines (est). Teak interior, flawless...fore/aft control stations...dark charcoal microfiber in forward berth and on settee cushions...subdued darker green laminate countertops...fridge, glass cooktop (with flip-up cover)...furnace (all Wallace)...enclosed head...iCom radio, Raymarine chartplotter (GPS plotter, radar, depth, fishfinder), flush-mounted compass....

A stunning boat...all on an EZ-loader trailer

Please email for photos and to discuss further. This is a very sought-after boat...the cadillac of welded aluminum boats in terms of fit/finish.

mmcannava@acsalaska.net

Where is the boat located?

Soldotna.

When I have a moment I'll try and figure out how to post pics.

Says on the bottom of my screen that I can't post attachments. Anyone give me an email and I'll send photo(s) that they might attach?

Those 2 portside seats flip forward, the settee lowers, and you place the cushions down and two can sleep on that converted berth.

Great boat! You can settle a lot of debates by telling us how have your Etecs been working out for you as an Alaskan boater?
    I'd also suggest adding how long a wait time someone would have if they were going to have Seawolfe build a new one (and the increase in a new one).

Sobie2

Hi Matt,

Remember me? I spoke with you several times about your boat before I had mine built and met you in Seward once. I can attest that this is a beautiful boat with surprisingly few hours. I am sure the thing everyone wants to know is what you are asking for this gem.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by Sobie2 View Post
    I'd also suggest adding how long a wait time someone would have if they were going to have Seawolfe build a new one (and the increase in a new one).

Sobie2
    Due to the down economy a new Seawolf could be had in 6 months or so. I talk to the owner on a regular basis, so I know what he is up to although you could contact them to get a firm quote. The other thing I can confidently say is whatever time frame you are quoted, they will deliver. Dman on this forum and I ordered about the same time and Glacier Craft quoted him a shorter time than Seawolf quoted me. I received my boat in February of 2009, and he just received his boat this fall, I believe.

The fit and finish of a Seawolf is incredible. Hopefully one of you guys buys it so it stays in the area. It seems like most of them end up in Southeast or on Kodiak.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Nice looking boat. What kind of cruise speed and economy are you getting, how much fuel can you carry, and of course, what is the asking price?
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I cruise at ~28kts...each engine burning 7.5-8 gph.

I have loved the Etecs although not having had an IO I sometimes wish for the efficiency of the diesel (and I love my Duramax!)...but the preponderance of opinion seems/seemed to favor the OB's for their ease of maintenance. I got them in '05, so first year...they needed a few ECU updates initially and new thermostats but they crank up in the Spring and run, run, run. Fast, light, strong. I have 4-blade merc props on them, so smoother, but slightly down on the top end vs. the 3-blades...~44 kts depending on load. Nowhere near as loud as Opti's...but not as quiet as Honda/Suzuki.

Very difficult to price as so many variables. Other than ~300 hrs on the engines, the boat's pristine. SW has a 28' (and narrower beam vs. the 30) listed at 176k I think...so a little north of that price-wise but I'd rather do specifics in a more personal form of communication.

2 mpg is pretty impressive. How much fuel can you carry? Like you, I prefer outboards for their reliability and how easy they are to maintain. Your Etecs are even easier to maintain. Do you have any idea how much oil you have gone through in that 300 hours?
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

If this boat had a diesel I would of called you by now!
    Nice rig, good luck with the sale.

In this higher end range of boats it would be wise to have your boat get surveyed by a professional. You never know, you might end up asking tens of thousands less than what its worth! I would spend the couple of hundred bucks and get a condition/valuation marine survey for your boat for the purposes of selling it.

Sobie2

200 gallon fuel tank.

Sips XD-100, which I've had it programmed for since purchase. I go through a case of oil every 2 seasons.

Just called a surveyor-thank you for the suggestion.

Mat

Are Etec 225s that much more efficient then 300 Etecs? A charter captain in Valdez started running a pair this year out of Valdez on a 28' boat. It consumed 140gallons to go 140 miles and used 3 gallons of oil per day. Crazy consumption. His speeds were 29-31knts, so he wasn't running any faster then most others with similar hp.

That is crazy. He may have the engines programmed for the lower-grade oil, as it would burn more (the higher grade oil requires less).

I know that to get to my favorite anchorage out of Seward is ~1hr 50min, one way (28kts or so)...and we'd pull up to the fuel dock in Seward to top the tank and I'd put in 70g...less than a gallon of oil....

Lots of variables...hull shape, hull material, load (I certainly usually don't run as much weight as a charter would!), props....

Sounds like your usage is comparable to what many of the outboards run with twins in boats that size 18-19gph. The captain doesn't own the boat but operates it for the charter business owner. With the amount of money they were spending on fuel and oil, a guy could afford annual payments on a new diesel powered boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast