Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAMF Boats fisharound 30'

Default BAMF Boats fisharound 30'

Every once in a while someone gets it just right. This is the perfect boat for Southcentral Alaska.

If was in the market, I would be all over it. Check it www.bamfboats.com

No doubt a sexy beast.

Heavy Hitter Fishing

I like the 32 mph at 10 gph. I also like how BAMF got their name

They look like a cross between a Osprey and a Sea Sport. Maybe old molds for those boats that was modified?

Steve the potbuilder
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net

If I was looking for a new boat, that 30' walkaround with the diesel would be at the top of the list. Looks like a very comfortable fishing boat.

I looked them over at the boat show and they looked like a great boat for a charter outfit but not much cabin amenities for long range trips.

Quote Originally Posted by redleader View Post
    I looked them over at the boat show and they looked like a great boat for a charter outfit but not much cabin amenities for long range trips.
    Agreed. That walk around deck eats up a lot of cabin space.

That's what I've read about the name. Something about how they had the boat on a trailer taking it somewhere and stopped off somewhere for fuel or whatever. Somebody walked by and said man, that is one BAMF (what you said) and that's the name that they decided to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Agreed. That walk around deck eats up a lot of cabin space.
    and a nice big open spot when you bury the bow swallowing a big wave. Bet those boats don't have much for scuppers?

Steve the potbuilder
    alaskashrimppots.com

I bought a 30 Fisharound last year and it has a pair of 300 Verados on it. I really like the walk around part of the boat that was what sold me on the brand. I use it mainly for fishing salmon and albacore off the coast of Washington, along with halibut and lings for the short season we get. I was looking at more fishing room then cabin space yet I still wanted to seat a crew of 6-7 comfortably and that is what I have. I have no clue on the actual burn rate with the diesel, I have moved the motors up 2 notches from last season and changed props, my boat is stern heavy thats for sure, I was averaging around .7 nmpg last season on tuna runs, I sure hope that gets better this year. I will be interested to see how the boat thats headed to Seward this year does with the twin 250 Suzuki. Scuppers are just normal scuppers in the stern, 2 on each side if I remember correctly..I have not taken a large wave over the bow yet but it does concern me .

Nicely done but I agree with the sentiment that a walk around eats up too much cabin space. To me a 30' boat with long range potential is something to be used for trips that will last 3 day to a week or more, and hence the creature comforts especially during the early and late season really come into play.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    They look like a cross between a Osprey and a Sea Sport. Maybe old molds for those boats that was modified?
    I saw them at the Seattle boat show and since I had a 26 Osprey previously, was curious about the Osprey connection so asked. No confirmation from the dealer but no denial either. The hull form is definitely Osprey with the same lifting strakes and flat keel section. The cockpit is laid out similar and the rear indented cleats are identical. The cabin is also very similar. Osprey lineage IMHO.

Nice looking boat, but I think I'd go with a Bay Weld. I know a couple of charter captains here in Homer that would probably echo my sentiment.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Witch View Post
    I saw them at the Seattle boat show and since I had a 26 Osprey previously, was curious about the Osprey connection so asked. No confirmation from the dealer but no denial either. The hull form is definitely Osprey with the same lifting strakes and flat keel section. The cockpit is laid out similar and the rear indented cleats are identical. The cabin is also very similar. Osprey lineage IMHO.
    They probably have Osprey layup the hulls for them then bamf finishes them. Its done all the time with lobsterboat hulls, buy your hull of choice truck it to a finisher and get just what you want.

Steve the potbuilder
    alaskashrimppots.com

Muttley, I would buy a 35ft Bertram put two new diesels in it and still have $120,000 left for fuel, bait, beer, and HOT bait girls

Osprey is out of business. BAMF lays up and builds the boats. A freind is having one built right now, it will be in Seward this summer.

The look of the boat I like, but... I hate working around outboards and they cost way to much for the fuel they burn and the life. Get the diesels, way better fuel and life. They should've went with a jackshaft system IMO, then you'd still have your deckspace.

Well I have had my 30ft Fisharound for about a year and a half and it would take me all night to tell of the issues I have had. I am having the boat repaired right now, the deck/hull joint started coming apart all the way around the boat...very scary the way they actually put the boat together with some very small and far spaced screws (up to 21 inches apart in the bow area) and UV 4000 sealant (according to their owner)......I would steer clear of these guys under their current ownership for sure this boat has allot of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Slapper View Post
    Well I have had my 30ft Fisharound for about a year and a half and it would take me all night to tell of the issues I have had. I am having the boat repaired right now, the deck/hull joint started coming apart all the way around the boat...very scary the way they actually put the boat together with some very small and far spaced screws (up to 21 inches apart in the bow area) and UV 4000 sealant (according to their owner)......I would steer clear of these guys under their current ownership for sure this boat has allot of issues.
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck on the new boat. Looks aren't everything.
    Alaskans for Alaska

a buddy of mine ran the prototype out of sitka for a few years..... he loved it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast