Thread: Charter Arms quality

Question Charter Arms quality

What do you guys think of the newer Charter Arms handguns? I was thinking of picking up an Undercover for everyday carry and have heard mixed opinions; some say the newer ones are of decent quality, some think they're not. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    What do you guys think of the newer Charter Arms handguns? I was thinking of picking up an Undercover for everyday carry and have heard mixed opinions; some say the newer ones are of decent quality, some think they're not. Thoughts?
    Very-very poorest quality... Not one to use for an everyday carry gun!!! Much less, even a good time firing-line popper for practice.
    Last edited by Brian Richardson; 03-30-2007 at 21:32. Reason: just checking

One of the Gun Tests issues from a couple months ago didn't have much good to say about them. I have no personal experience with 'em, but just going off what I've read, I'd stay away from 'em.

Never herd of anything good coming out of Charter arms!

Another "No Go" on Charter Arms.......unless your just going to stick up your local gas station, make sure to hold it sideways

Ah, thanks for the opinions. I'll probably stick with my ruger sp101. It's a little big & heavy for pocket carry, but definitely reliable.

Default Charter Arms

No offense to you guys, but I get the feeling there is little personal experience behind the previous comments. No, Charter Arms firearms are not S&W or Ruger, but they're not as bad as some say, at least the earlier ones. I've had 3 Charter Arms in the past, 2 .44 Specials, a 3" and a 1" with bobbed hammer and one .38 Undercover. They're not made for 3 or 4 thousand rounds, but they're stronger then most think. Accuracy was acceptable for personal defense and they're a nice lightweight piece. I never had any reliability problems and the 3' .44 had some pretty stiff loads put through it with no problems. Just my own experience.

Smile Charter

I also carry the Ruger sp101 357 3" .I have looked at some lighter guns,but most do not seem to compare.Stay with you Ruger

David