Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .950

Default .950

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Over a short bench OUCH man ouch! Knock your retinas loose with that thing.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

For reference a .950 is basically a 5 gauge (.955") in shotgun terms. And a pure lead round ball that size weighs right in at 3 ounces. And a standard load of black powder would be somewhere well north of 200 grains. Can't imagine what a modern bullet would weigh, or what powder charge would push it. Both ways.

Someone will want one at 6 1/2# with 20X scope for sheep hunting.Of course they will also use a 95gr bullet so it shoots flat.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Someone will want one at 6 1/2# with 20X scope for sheep hunting.Of course they will also use a 95gr bullet so it shoots flat.
    That's funny and I'm sure you're right.

This cartridge should be chambered in a NEW DESIGN Ruger, Hawk of some kind, Revolver that has a Lanyard.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Or it will be sold as a conversion upper for the "blacktical" Ar-15. AAArrrrrghhh.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Ya, and get rid of the compensator. It'll blow too much dirt in the air when shooting prone, and blow your ear drums out as well.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post

This cartridge should be chambered in a NEW DESIGN Ruger, Hawk of some kind, Revolver that has a Lanyard.

Smitty of the North

Naw that won't work. Rugers are cast frames remember?! It needs to be a chambering for the new Smith and Wesson XXX-Frame.

Holy bajeeebus!!

Man I thought the RC-50 was bad. That thing is crazy.
    Reminds me of the 500 T rex videos from the Accurate reloading board. None of those boys look like they enjoyed that one bit.

A guy over on the AR Forum fired that rifle in 1997. It's been around for a long time.

Yeah JDJ thinks he doing something. Only reason the rounds cost that much is someone is foolish enough to buy them from him. You can make your own reamer and build your own rifle, or mortar for that matter.
    Anzio Ironworks has the killer guns.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Default XXX frame

A triple X rated frame? That's gotta be BADDD!

I want one!

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Naw that won't work. Rugers are cast frames remember?! It needs to be a chambering for the new Smith and Wesson XXX-Frame.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Quote Originally Posted by AKmik View Post
    Holy bajeeebus!!

Man I thought the RC-50 was bad. That thing is crazy.
    Reminds me of the 500 T rex videos from the Accurate reloading board. None of those boys look like they enjoyed that one bit.
    577 T-rex, Saeed also has a 700NE single shot.

At one point in time I thought I'd build a 600 overkill. Then I got my 500 Jeffrey, and my starting load was a 600 gr cast bullet over 100gr of Varget, which chronoed 2200 fps.

Thus ended my interest in building something bigger.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Crazy stuff .

You have to wonder what they are thinking putting a light trigger on it. Also I can't imagine that 0.950" barrels are common so if you are getting custom barrels why not go 1.000". But hay if you ever need to shoot through 6 brown bears lined up end to end, that should be enough gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post

Smitty of the North
    Is the lanyard so you wonít loose it when you drop it over the side of the boat or to fire it? Ifin we are talkin the former I believe Iíd forgo lashing an anchor around me, if the later then carry on.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Still nothing compared to Bakers (Baby) 2 bore with 8oz slug and well over a hundred years ago.Nothing of real value is new in the gun world in my short lifetime
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Still nothing compared to Bakers (Baby) 2 bore with 8oz slug and well over a hundred years ago.Nothing of real value is new in the gun world in my short lifetime
    Yea and not just guns . . . from 1850 to 1950 give or take we went from wagons to cars, muzzle stuffers to full auto, wishfully looking at birds to jetting all over the globe, pencil-n-paper to computers, etc. etc. Lately there has been nothing much new, we have refined the old ideas greatly but where is the real innovation? We seem stagnate, innovation and creativity stifled to just making the old ideas work better . . . oh and gawd when was the last time you saw a movie that wasnít just a remake of a remake with better computer effects in it!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I've never shot one of those, but I've shot full power loads out of a 4 bore............it tends to get your attention!!!

Brett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast