Thread: Breaking news from BOG meeting Reguarding taxidermy regulation !!!

Thumbs up Breaking news from BOG meeting Reguarding taxidermy regulation !!!

Just heard that the Troopers have pulled their proposal for regulating taxidermist & their records in the BOG meeting.

This is a very important decision, & something we have to keep an eye on in the future.

RJ Simington

That's correct. It wasn't until Saturday that I found out that the AWT had pulled the proposal.

I attended Friday and Saturday, and had the opportunity to testify against the proposal on Saturday. OBTW, for those taxidermists out there, State Rep Tammie Wilson should be commended for her involvement in the issue. She flew to Anchorage on a "red-eye" from Juneau just to testify (limited to 5-minutes per rules of BOG) against proposal on behalf of her constituents, then flew back to Juneau. Although I don't reside in her District, I did have the chance to speak with her after our testimony, and was very impressed with her professionalism and dedication to an issue that only affects the just over 100 licensed taxidermists in the State. Kudos to her.

If we taxidermists ( or even Hunters) do not act when proposals like this are tried we will eventually end up with gishtapo tactics by some government employee that acuses us all of bein g an outlaw, just as was implicated in this proposal.

I want to also thank Al Barret from Fairbanks Fur tannery for informing us of this initiative & getting us in Fairbanks involved in the meetings.

Keep up the good work.

RJ Simington