Some time ago I read or heard of a unit that truckers were using attached to the exhaust that made power 12/24 v. Anyone else hear of such a thing and if it exists would that be a nice trickle for batteries if attached to the wood stove?
I have two of those fans that set on the wood stove and spin once up to temp. While I don't think they move enough air to really work I had one quit on me. Ever the consummate trouble shooter I got the meter out and tried to figure out what was up. The one that worked produced a small amount of dc volts like .09 and the one that quit on put out something like .003. Numbers are not accurate but you get the idea. My thoughts on how it works are dissimilar metals making the voltage. Why not a larger unit to trickle the batteries while you sleep?