Thread: coming to alaska with atv,raft,fish pole

Question coming to alaska with atv,raft,fish pole

planing trip for late june thru august, several older couples with rv,s ,have lots of experience with atv,s and rafts not so mutch with fish poles, not rv park people generally, usualy boondock,looking for input on where to go to do a little fishing , atv riding (hopfully to a fishing hole),and rafting while fishing, did i mention i will also bring an aluminum 14 ft boat and motor. maybe that gives you some idea of what we are looking for--so mutch for what we want,in trade can give input on baha mexico camping and atving and same in central arizona (mabe hook up)--it rains here(oregon) my old bones like sun shine as mutch as they can get---any help would be appreciated

Tangle Lakes area on the Denali Hwy. is a nice place. Great fishing for Grayling in lakes and streams. Designated ATV trails and hiking trails too. Camp ground, roadside camping along the Denali, etc.

Took the words right out of my mouth there Snyd. With that combo of equipment you could spend years in that area and never see the same spot twice.

Rick P

Default thanks so far

thanks for the info,sounds like our kind of place, any further coment would be appreciated, i know i have asked a lot, but, any birds in season in august in that area as i have a shotgun and a fat lazy lab that loves to ride quad and retreve birds when i can hit them

Yup ptarmigan aplenty up that way tasty critters too

one of the greatest raft trips I could suggest is The Gulkana River. Lot's of fish and you can have atv folks meet you down at the falls.