Thread: 325 WSM L/H Rifle Project completed

Default 325 WSM L/H Rifle Project completed

Latest rifle project just completed thanks to Montana Rifle Company and McMillan Fiberglass Stocks. Here is a photo of my new son-in-law's wedding gift. Enjoy

Caliber: 325 WSM
    Action: L/H MRC 1999 BSLM, 415 SS, Bolt face .534”, Magazine
    Box Length 3.125”
    Trigger: adjusted to 3 lb trigger pull
    Barrel: MRC 24" #4 Contour, Recessed Target Crown, 1-10" Twist
    Stock: McMillan Super Grade fiberglass, molded in forest camouflage color, pillar bedded with SS inserts and floated, Pachmayr Decelerator Pad, 13.75” LOP
    Scope: Leupold Vari X III 3.5-10 x 40
    Mounts and 1" Rings: Burris
    Last edited by WDChurchJr; 04-25-2007 at 19:02.

Default Additional Photos

Attached another photo.

Default Last and final photo

3rd and final photo of new 325 WSM MRC 1999/McMillan rifle.

Default Rifle weight

Rifle with scope, rings and mounts weighs approximately 8.5 lbs.

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Willard the bolt is on the wrong side.

Default L/H Rifle completed, R/H Rifle planned

My son-in-law is left handed and this will be his very first left handed rifle. I still have plans to have built the R/H 325 WSM with the MRC 1999 SS action that I bought from you. That will be my next rifle project. Will post pics when it is completed, may take 6 months or so to complete.

Default Daughter's MRC 1999 SS 308 Win rifle

Here is a description and pics of my daughter's rifle, which I also gave to her as a wedding gift. This rifle I purchased complete, ready to shoot and hunt with. Enjoy

R/H MRC 1999 McMillan Fiberglass Stock 308 Winchester

Caliber: 308 Winchester
    Action: R/H MRC 1999, 415 SS
    Barrel: MRC 21" #2 Contour, Recessed Target Crown
    Stock: McMillan Super Grade fiberglass, molded in color, pillar bedded with SS inserts and floated, Pachmayr Decelerator Pad, 13.3/8” LOP
    Scope: Leupold European 3-9 X 40mm fine duplex
    Mounts and Rings: Leupold, 30mm Rings
    Weight: approximate weight 7.5 lbs with scope, rings and mount

Bighorn Mountains, Wy.

You set a fine table

Thankyou, but credit for the table layout should really go to the previous owner of the 308 Win, rifle makes a nice centerpiece doesn't it. Something only a hunter/rifle shooter would enjoy.

Arco, Idaho

Default Dandy lookin' Rifles!

My Brother lost his right eye 20, maybe 25 years ago. Had to re-learn to do everything, including shooting, left-handed. He went down the road of semi autos, pumps, and levers, finally got round to going over the top to use a right handed bolt gun, and got quite proficient at it. Two years ago, I found him a Southpaw controlled feed M70 Classic/XTR type .300 Winchester. He really thought that a left handed rifle was going to be the cat's meow...till he tried to use it! Two years, and he still fumbles around with the piece, and I think he's about ready to hang it on the wall and go back to his right handed 700 Remington!!!
    I've got a Montana Rifle action hanging on the wall, I've got to get going on! As close as I am, I should just climb in the truck and drive up and have them put a barrel on for me. How do their barrels perform? Quality of their barrel work? Have you had them blue anything?

Default MRC Rifle Barrels

I cannot speak from personal experience about MRC rifle barrels, but here is what the previous owner of the 308 Winchester had to say.

Quote: The bedding and floating is first class, one of the nicest jobs I have seen in a long time. I am the second owner. The first owner had this gun built, shot it 20 times with 1" groups @ 100 but felt the gun was too heavy. I bought this gun, did a bit of work on the floating, mounted bases and 30 mm rings and topped it off with a Leupold Euro 3X9 fine duplex and took it to the range. It shot groups of just at 1/2" @ 100 yrds. I put 20 rounds through it, so it now has a total of 40 rounds through it. End Quote

He will love the MRC action. I just ordered another lefty stainless one for myself.

Ketchikan, AK

Talking building rifles

You treat them well!

Hey "Dad", can I join the family? lol