Thread: Ketchikan Plane rentals

Default Ketchikan Plane rentals

Well I am down in Ketchikan working for a few weeks and the boss say's he'll foot the bill for the crew to take a plane ride around the area.
    What's the hourly rate on a Beaver and anyone know of anyone I could look up?
    The boss say's he only wants to fly on a sunny day which may be a problem down here as I see they are few and far between.
    Thanks

Default Beaver

Check with Dave Doyon @ Misty Fiords Air & Outfitting 225-5155.

kingfisherktn
    Last edited by kingfisherktn; 03-30-2007 at 20:30. Reason: wrong phone #

Or Jeff Carlin down at Carlin Air .... rates ended last season at $575 an hour ....

Looks like we might get a couple sunny days after this snow before more snow turning to rain.

But yesterday could have been it for awhile !!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Thanks

Thanks guy's called both places and left messages.
    I see your both from Ketchikan, if you happen to see some bucket trucks in your area, that would be us upgrading the cable system for GCI.
    Thanks again.
    I'll try and post some pics of our adventure.

Thumbs up Cable system?

You guys must be the ones to blame why my internet has been down at work the past few days. Thanks I needed the break.

Were you out north this afternoon? I think I passed the bucket truck on the way home.

Default She's hot ....

If you want the prettiest pilot in SE give Michelle a call .... 225-2444

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    You guys must be the ones to blame why my internet has been down at work the past few days. Thanks I needed the break.

Were you out north this afternoon? I think I passed the bucket truck on the way home.
    That storm we had the other night knocked out a tower in Juneau which killed all internet, long distance and cell phones here.
    There are actually two different companies here, we came in to help the lagging one.
    This is a priority job here and they called us up from Anchorage. We have been put up in some very nice bed and breakfast housing. We are all staying up north. We are off D-1 and a couple other crews are just north of that on the water in some high dollar homes.
    This is a beautiful place. I think we are off to Sitka in a few weeks when we are through here.
    We will be working all over the state over the next few years and this is one of the reasons I am trying to get my license as we will be in some remote areas and the owner of the company I contract for say's he will foot the bill for a plane to get in and out if I get licenses and certificates.Now if I can just stay in 1 place long enough so I am working with 1 instructor
    Bob

Housing in town is extreamly tight right now. Rental properties are like at about 0%. Some houses hit the market for one day then sold. Hasen't been like this since the mill shut down.

The storm related tower problems .. as posted in the paper were over on POW Island up on Tolstoy, which is just this side of Thorne Bay.

Default ketchikan

I came out of the army and moved here in '72 and it is a beautiful and special place. My wife has lived since she was 2 but we have decided to relocate to the Mat/su in the next 2 years. We purchased a couple of acres on a lake just north of Big Lake and will be building a log home on it.

It will probably be hard to leave but we are looking forward to new adventures in our life.

Good luck on the plane instructions.

I regret not following through one of my desires and getting my license after I completed ground school in the late 70's. My wife said I could have a boat or a plane, not both. In retrospect I mistakenly went with the boat.

Dean

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    I came out of the army and moved here in '72 and it is a beautiful and special place. My wife has lived since she was 2 but we have decided to relocate to the Mat/su in the next 2 years. We purchased a couple of acres on a lake just north of Big Lake and will be building a log home on it.

Dean
    If you don't mind maybe I can shoot you an email later on in the year. I am from Montana and our home there is on the market. As soon as it sells, the wife and I are looking up north of the Willow area possibly Montana Creek area for a home.
    She came up a few weeks ago and loves the area and with any luck I can convince her for the need for both a plane and boat However I think that may lead to a life long honey do list.

Default email

Shoot away!

kingfisherktn