Thread: Wasp!

Default Wasp!

While tying flies for the swap i needed a break from the patten so i decided to tie the bug that nearly cost me my life. Body: foam Legs: mono painted, Wings: bown goose biots, Eyes: round foam. enjoy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wasp&mouse 001.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	56558Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wasp&mouse 002.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	56559
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Wow, dead on. Great looking wasp fly. Nearly cost you your life? How so?

well at the age of 13 i was messing around in the yard with a few friends, Unaware that some wasps had built a nest underneath our steps. I was stitting on my bike banging it into the steps and chatting with my buddies when i felt a destinct pain in my toe. I looked down to see 6 wasps flying in and out of the steps and one still attatched to my toe. Not thinking anything of it being i had been stung several times thru out the years i shrugged it off. with in 5 minutes my back started to itch and developed hives. Then my face started to swell and couldnt breath. I was rushed to the hospital just in time, the Doc sad if i were a couple minutes later i would of died.
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

dang. I can't even count the amount of times I have been stung. I would always mess with them as a kid and got my fair share but I never had a reaction. Sweet looking fly though.

Nice work! That is a great looking wasp.

would love to see these "life like baits" .. you have got to teach me some of those skills..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Very nice! Very real looking.

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    would love to see these "life like baits" .. you have got to teach me some of those skills..
    Baits?! *strangled cry*

"If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." -A River Runs Through It

just proves my ignorance in the subject.. Lures? ... Flies? sorry to Fusion for any disrespect towards the masterful creation of the object that is used to catch fish. I'm a bear hunter (kinda) not a fisherman yet..Im working on it though Thanks for fixing my trail.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    just proves my ignorance in the subject.. Lures? ... Flies? sorry to Fusion for any disrespect towards the masterful creation of the object that is used to catch fish. I'm a bear hunter (kinda) not a fisherman yet..Im working on it though Thanks for fixing my trail.

No big deal - it was just a little friendly ribbing.
    Lets take the boat out on a bear hunt - you can show me the ropes. I'll bring the fly rods and do the same.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." -A River Runs Through It