Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seattle Boat Show

Default Seattle Boat Show

I will probably jinx myself by posting this, but my plan is to head down to the Seattle Boat Show for the opening weekend (Jan 27?) Anyone else from the forum headed down there?
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Take a camera , to get some good shots of ALLOY please.

We will be there the first Saturday. I will PM you my cell number.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

I'll be in town on business and am planning on going the evening of the 27th.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

I'll be there later in the week, probably the evenings of the 30th - 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    I will probably jinx myself by posting this, but my plan is to head down to the Seattle Boat Show for the opening weekend (Jan 27?) Anyone else from the forum headed down there?
    If your in town there are 2 shows in the area. The Seattle boat show Jan 27 to Feb 5. The Puyallup Sportsman Show, about 45 min south of Seattle. Jan 25 thru Jan 29. Glen

Quote Originally Posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    I'll be in town on business and am planning on going the evening of the 27th.

One evening probably isn't long enough. I went a few years ago and spent a full 12-hour day looking at things and still didn't even come close to seeing all of it. That said, you can probably hit most of the indoor display if you hurry through.

An aside: where is CenturyLink Field or whatever? I've never heard of it....

CenturyLink Field is where the Seahawks play. There is a convention space built into the stadium. It's at 800 Occidental Avenue South.

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    One evening probably isn't long enough. I went a few years ago and spent a full 12-hour day looking at things and still didn't even come close to seeing all of it. That said, you can probably hit most of the indoor display if you hurry through.

I agree that it can be a multi-day event of you really want to see most things, but it is even worth going to for a few hours. It is 100x what the Anchorage boat show is.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

I agree that it can be a multi-day event of you really want to see most things, but it is even worth going to for a few hours. It is 100x what the Anchorage boat show is.
    Yeah, definitely wasn't suggesting NOT going, especially if you're in Seattle anyway....

I need to work on my "being in Seattle, coincidentally during the boat show" skills, come to think of it.

I've been many times before. There are 5-7 items on my list. I can easy accomplish in one evening.

Quote Originally Posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    I've been many times before. There are 5-7 items on my list. I can easy accomplish in one evening.
    Good, good. If you were wanting to experience the whole shebang, then one evening wouldn't suffice. But, as in your case, if you have a definite list of things you're looking for/want to see you can certainly do that.

I was thinking you were doing a more general, browse the show thing. My bad for assuming. Sea Sports on your list?

Good, good. If you were wanting to experience the whole shebang, then one evening wouldn't suffice. But, as in your case, if you have a definite list of things you're looking for/want to see you can certainly do that.

I was thinking you were doing a more general, browse the show thing. My bad for assuming. Sea Sports on your list?
    Not really on the Sea Sport. I know the boats well, but I do want to talk with owners about their schedule and capacity.

Bummer............am heading to SCI in Vegas the end of the month to be fitted for a rifle. Would of been nice to spent a day or two at the show. We are getting pretty close to buying a 30-32 footer as long as we can get a diesel inboard. Seeing the newer boats could of given me an indication of what is on the used market.
    We could of all had lunch

diesel inboard, here ya go ...
    http://aluminumalloyboats.com/viewto...p=31549#p31549
    Coldwaterboats has a few more outboard powered in the 31' range , used , for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    We are getting pretty close to buying a 30-32 footer as long as we can get a diesel inboard.
    Do you mean a true inboard or an inboard with an outdrive? A true inboard with a straight shaft is hard to do in a 30-32 footer.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Do you mean a true inboard or an inboard with an outdrive? A true inboard with a straight shaft is hard to do in a 30-32 footer.

Inboard with an outdrive, similar to your boat.

I've had two inboards with straight shafts under 30', the first a Tolley 26 with v-drive and my current a Shamrock with straight drive, engine midship which dampens out pitching and slamming in choppy waters for a good ride.

The Seattle show is a really good one - I first saw my current boat there and the equipment vendors are the best part. And it's big time dreaming at the Lake Union in the water show. See you there.

Here are a few pics of the show. I also met Jrogers for a few minutes during a presentation on........yep the bueaty of PWS! There will be more traffic in our favorite spots like Cascade Bay. They posted all kinds of pictures. The word is getting out. Great to meet you Jrogers!

http://s376.photobucket.com/albums/o...tle Boat Show/

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AKBassking View Post
    Here are a few pics of the show. I also met Jrogers for a few minutes during a presentation on........yep the bueaty of PWS! There will be more traffic in our favorite spots like Cascade Bay. They posted all kinds of pictures. The word is getting out. Great to meet you Jrogers!

http://s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo203/teseniart/2012%20Seattle Boat Show/
    I'm getting a "page not found" error when I try your link...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast