Thread: CB 300 The true story

Default CB 300 The true story

This was very predictable. For one man to take a 300 mile trail from a team of workers and say that he is going to do it all himself and stake it like the Yukon Quest is where we are at. I personally talked to Bruno Baureis about the trail...he didn't ask me what we would do in my community...he told me what I was going to do in my community. And when he did this, I clearly stated to him that he would also be doing the trail between Sourdough and the Lake Louise trail between Crosswinds because I would no longer help there and that I would not be at the soup stop to see you all this year-which has been one of the most hurtful things that I have had to deal with. I know for a fact that Bruno Baureis and one of his riders went from Sourdough to Lake Louise trail but that has been over 3 weeks ago. I would assume the trail would be just like that between Meier's Lake and Sourdough. I told my wife before the race...it's a shame that someone doesn't tell the musher's the truth about the trail. For them to have to travel all this way and spend all that money, just like all the volunteers and business owners of this community. We have gone to great expense to stock up for this race. Another thing, Bruno was in control of all of the gas this year and it was all gone before the race started. We've always gotten the trail in with that amount of gas and we groomed the trail. Bruno-what is up with you, did you forget you are in Alaska? I am so sorry to all of you musher's to not have been there for you. We always welcome you to our lodge, Tolsona Lake Resort, with open arms. I have been a part of this race and one of the founders. It is a shame to see that one person can convince the Copper Basin 300 board that he had a good 300 mile trail with a base down all the way around. I know for a fact that that is not true. 2 snowmobile tracks out through the wilderness where the trail has never been before, is not a base!

I spend a Thursday night talking to one of the volunteers at Lake Louise. There is more to the story but Kirk is smelling it well. Volunteers not talking care of each other in weather conditions from heck. Trails disappearing in minutes after being cut. And so on.... This is a winter to remember. So remember to get your snow machine riding in while the weather is good. -46 is not good. High winds is not good. The powder is EPIC! The riding is awesome off the lakes. Overflow is henious!!!!!!!! Be safe people!

No one wants to take responsibility for facts. The trail was never put in & mother nature gets the blame. That is total BS there was no wind & it was not long ago that we had a start off race at -52. The same 3 person that assured every one there was a trail convensed race organizers that mother nature was to blame. You peiople are a discrace to the community.