Thread: Seldovia or Kodiak

Default Seldovia or Kodiak

I am new to this site and just wanted to say Hello and get some info. Which place would you pefer to charter a halibut trip, Kodiak or Seldovia? The wife and I will be there in the latter part of July. Regards, from Walt

If you are in Kodiak, take a trip from there
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Thanks for the reply Hoose35. The wife and I will be traveling Alaska for about 3 months. So, we will be in both places. Yeah, we love Kodiak. Were staying somewhere (don't know yet) on the Island for 4 weeks. We Love Alaskay!

Quote Originally Posted by Snope View Post
    I am new to this site and just wanted to say Hello and get some info. Which place would you pefer to charter a halibut trip, Kodiak or Seldovia? The wife and I will be there in the latter part of July. Regards, from Walt
    If I were going to be in Seldovia for a couple days, I'd go fishing with Dave Cloninger
    http://www.seldovia.com/sub_fishchar...adventures.htm
    I've known Dave for about 21 yrs now.. used to fish beside him occasionally.. I was always envious of that boat he has..
    and if I were going to spend some time in Kodiak I'd go fishing there also... sorry I don't personally know anyone there, but I'd check with the Chamber of Commerce office for information...

Old John. My wife and I are staying with Dave and his wife for our time on Seldovia. We have a charter with him for Halibut and Bob with Paridise Charters for Salmon. Thanks for the reply.