Thread: polaris side x side 800 with tracks

Default polaris side x side 800 with tracks

hi all

does anybody have one of these polaris machines? they look like skookum for the wet stuff. if anybody has one post some comments if you would about likes or not. i saw one at the dealership but would like to hear from somebody who has one and seen what they can do.

thanks

I don't have any pics handy but I realy love mine, have a ranger XP 800 and put prospector tracks on it...it won't get ya through the realy deep stuff like a snowmachine, but if you're lookin for comfort and gettin there at your own pace with a big load then they are good stuff. Speed will be your biggest issue, the tracks eat a bit of your power, so a normal trip that would take ya 35mph is more about 24mph. They squeek a bit and are rather bumpy, but that's just how it is, I'm very happy with mine. Oh, and make sure to keep a small hammer or somethin in the glovebox to break ice on the outside if you get em wet....had 1/2 of the wheels freeze why I was out on a lake from fishing spilloff...made it a bit slow goin with my boot to break the ice.

Default thanks for info

Quote Originally Posted by Kimunist View Post
    I don't have any pics handy but I realy love mine, have a ranger XP 800 and put prospector tracks on it...it won't get ya through the realy deep stuff like a snowmachine, but if you're lookin for comfort and gettin there at your own pace with a big load then they are good stuff. Speed will be your biggest issue, the tracks eat a bit of your power, so a normal trip that would take ya 35mph is more about 24mph. They squeek a bit and are rather bumpy, but that's just how it is, I'm very happy with mine. Oh, and make sure to keep a small hammer or somethin in the glovebox to break ice on the outside if you get em wet....had 1/2 of the wheels freeze why I was out on a lake from fishing spilloff...made it a bit slow goin with my boot to break the ice.
    how about summer use. do you find that some trails are carved out too narrow to get through sometimes, because of trees or whatever? how would you compare to argo, if you have the experience. thanks

I have an extremely small comparison for ARGO's because the trip I took was so rough I decided to walk most of it...the tracks really change the suspension and make it quite a bit rougher, but it's manageable. Places like Jim's Creek where there are really rutted tracks you follow are problematic and I try to avoid them on tracks, but out in the muskeg areas you can't beat them! I've found for the most part I can get around most areas that have heavy ruts. The tracks are a bit softer than tire materials though, so I try to avoid trail riding them in very hard areas if I can avoid it. Hope that helps.

i can think of some places i have been where those tracks on the polaris would be the bomb. also, i think you could cross some of the faster creeks easier since you have more weight holding you on the bottom. if you have a chance, post some photos so we can see how she does.

thanks