Thread: Summit Lake

Default Summit Lake

Has anyone done any exploring for fish here? I have a friend who has access to a cabin there and I would love to give him an excuse to head to the cabin for the weekend and doing a bit of fishin....

If folks have experience there, species to target? Location?

I'm not sure about Summit lake, but I've caught some nice lakers out of Paxson lake in the summer time.

My brother-in-law used to fish it pretty hard and has caught some huge burbs outta there. shallow just before dark on the far side of the lake from the road I think ...

You need to be more specific as to which Summit Lake you are referring too. We are assuming you mean the Summit Lake near Paxon?

Sorry guys, I definitely meant Summit Lake near Paxson. I guess I should throw in Fielding Lake down there as well. Suggestions for either one? They are just so darn big its a bit difficult to figure out where to start....

Summit is an OK lake......very high and cold but lots of feed. Don't expect anything big.

had a job in delta and stopped at summit lake on the way back with my trout rod and it was beastin!

Quote Originally Posted by alaska_pike View Post
    had a job in delta and stopped at summit lake on the way back with my trout rod and it was beastin!
    Is that good or bad?
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

For ice fishing, I prefer Paxon over Summit, but I don't have a snow machine. Fishing the points just off the Rich on the north end of the lake have always produced fish for us.

summit is just like a lot of high an cold lakes takes a long time for the fishto grow to a size to keep [ what I want to keep ] I think Paxton will produce better fish than Summit [ better food ] not that it is better it is just that I like it better [ personal ]

[QUOTE=wildog;1195453]Is that good or bad?[/QUOTE

it was good at that time when i rolled through in midaugust on a long haul, i jumped out for about a half hour with the spin rod and there were quite a few grayling congregating near the highway and i was able to pick up a few on small spinners. i was stoked cause in other places i have fished for grayling i have found that they do not like to bite anything