Thread: military snowshoes

Default military snowshoes

I am looking for the good and the bad in reguards to those aluminium/magnesem framed snowsoes with wire mesh. Are they noisy, poor construction,or do they work ok for the cost.

Thanks

It really depends are what you are using them for. Open area, flat ground they are ok. Using them for hunting hills and brush not so much. In my opinion I'd look at a few others before I spent money on them.

Thanks for the reply,
    I plan to use them in the interior. Mostly flat to rolling hills hunting bunnies and birds. Are they noisy, squeaky ect. We have very light, dry powder like suger snow.

You'll be hard pressed to beat them for floatation if your a bigger fella or carrying gear. Plus they make for good snow shovels if need be. I generally have a set strapped to my snow machines. I have two military sets and two aluminum sets, but find myself using the military ones more then not.

I think ya get them from Cheap'r then dirt or that Sportsman catalog for $35, and another $6 for the bindings if you choose to use the military ones.

Not great ones if ya have to carry them on your back though.
    I'm Pro-Pike.

ok thanks,

I might give them a try sounds like a better deal than paying $250 for the high tech ones.
    good info thank you