Thread: Help with women's rain gear please!

Question Help with women's rain gear please!

My wife is sitting next to me looking for deals on new gear and she is looking at Marmot Precip, which we are currently using, but wondering if there is a better product out there since I last researched/purchased. I have been EXTREMELY happy with Precip and I would buy it again, but always looking for a superior product! Will mainly be used for hunting/hiking/camping. Must be lightweight and quick to dry. Pit-zips a big plus!

Thanks!!!

I dont have anything thats new, but I used to love watching my wife in her matching set of cotton longjohns making dinner around the fire lol. (seperated )

I got the wife an event jacket. More money but a huge step up from precip. REI and Backcountry.com both have house brands that are very good made from it.

I guess I should've said that we did'nt have good gear so that was why she was struting her stuff in dry longjohns, lol

TNF Venture. I've had the jacket and pants for 5 or more years. Works good and is pretty darn tuff. The wife has the pants but has a Marmot jacket we found for a heck of a price. Venture jacket has pit zips and the pants are full zip.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Thanks guys! Lujon, I did a search on event and it came up with several different options...what model should I be looking at?

Snyd, how quiet is the Venture. I seem to remember looking at them a few years ago after reading some info you had posted about them...thought the fabric was really crisp??? Maybe I''m thinking of something else???

Thanks!

I don't have any input, but I just wanted to note that it makes me happy when you start a thread with "my wife".

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I don't have any input, but I just wanted to note that it makes me happy when you start a thread with "my wife".
    And it makes us incredibly happy for you to notice such language! ;-) Thanks! We've been talking about you and your wife a lot lately...just today we were driving home from XC skiing and Erin says, "how do you carry a baby when skiing?" I said, Brian and Sara will know! No baby Brege's yet btw, but doesn't hurt to start planning...