Thread: Finally had my gear stolen

Default Finally had my gear stolen

I can finally join the club of those who get their traps stolen. Went to check and and a couple of my boxes were torn down, and one of my footholds was gone. Snow machine trails everywhere around it. Guess I learned my lesson for setting off of a commonly used snow machining river. Time to move deeper in to cover.

That sucks, man. I keep thinking I may get hit for the same reason. Plus, I haven't gotten much anyway. I am thinking farther into cover is going to be better all the way around.

Threw out a bunch of new sets deeper in the woods. Saw some good sign, but man it is a lot of work moving through the snow on foot... even with snow shoes. It will be worth it when I return to see that critter there.

It sucks to join the club! When I was in HSchool I got hit more than once. One night when I was 15 Dad took me out later than normal one night to run a mile of sets in a small stream - we had them running through just about every sq mile of land where I grew up - full of M'rats and mink and some coon. Would not be uncommon to set 50 - 100 traps in a mile. Anyway there was a truck parked there and we got the plates - got to the ditch and trap after trap was pulled then muddy boot tracks up the bank. We new the thief was out in the dark hiding. Called warden and next day paid him a visit - nothing happened and about a week or two later thay came back and got all my traps on that line. Sucked to see these 2 thiefs everyday at school and nothing I could do about it..
    It would be hard to guess how many traps I had stolen over the years - 50 or more at at time was very common.... Hard part was getting more traps in the middle of the season to replace the ones you lost and do all the work filing and adjusting them....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

we lost a bunch of stuff when I was a rookie in montana and when we go it all back it was all destroyed, the culprit was the local game warden who had it out for my partner. Best part of the whole thing was when the g.w. was fired for being a crooked P.O.S.
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ