Thread: game trail cameras

Default game trail cameras

Has anyone tried one of these cameras in the extreme cold..I was just wondering if they work when it is in the teens to below zero...thanks

They work, just not very long due to battery life being shortened....like overnight or less vs. weeks in the summer.
    Also, they tend to take alot more photos of "stuff" like snowflakes it seems.

Overnight - was that with Lithium batteries? I have hopes of using my new camera this winter and hope it lasts more than 1 night!

If you knew what the lowest temperature your camera will work at it is possible to design a battery pack that will work as long as you want.

I use the bushnells and the cuddys all winter long, and get a couple thousand pictures off the bushnells on 8 AA Batteries before changing out! the more severe the cold the worse the battery life, but i have not seen batterry failure to 15 below. you should get several hundred pictures and a couple weeks minimum! the cuddys use d cell, but don't seem to last as long! Forget about the low end camera's in the severe cold.....have buddies that use them and if you don't run them off a car battery, your talking one night and a couple dozen flash pictures!