Thread: Trail Report WPC Willow AK 1/12/12

Thumbs up Trail Report WPC Willow AK 1/12/12

Been a heck of a week!
    I think we will say Snow, Snow and more SNOW!
    Groom tues. weds. this week with great trails coming out of the last 2 snows.
    And now today we have 4+ inches of the best light & dry stuff on top. 13 degress and said to chill off.
    So snow total of about 40" out the front door! Good dence snow pack.
    Great for off trail riding!
    We are full this weekend. But get your reservations in as weekends are filling up.

Don't forget the WILLOW STATE WINTER CARNIVAL last weekend in Jan. and first weekend in Feb. Fun and things to do for eveyone.
    2 Big weekends! More info at
    waco.org

So we are trying to take the bumps so you won't have too!!!!!?
    Great snow! Get out and ride!!!!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Trail Boss Thanks for all you do. Did you go up towards Luces or know how the trail is?

Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy

I was out to Luce's on Wednesday, leaving and returning on the Corral Hill Trail. Trail was about normal, rough on the Susitna, smoother towards Scary Tree and really nice after you turn the corner at Scary Tree. The route is a little different than last year but is well staked and easy to follow. The biggest challenge this weekend will probably be the flat light, so be careful going off trail and playing in all that great powder. It didn't look like the Rolly Creek Trail connection has been put it, but it was snowing pretty hard when we were there, plus the flat light so we didn't go that way.

Yesterday we went out the crossover trail from Corral Hill to the Deshka and then went north through the swamps toward the Susitna Landing. There was really no trail put in at all and the powder was great again. We didn't make it all the way, ran out of time and energy a couple miles short of the river and turned around and came home.

I've since learned that the river trail to Susitna Landing has been put in and maybe groomed and staked and also that the trail from the river to the trappers cabin and then up the seismic line has been broke out over to Kroto Creek.

The Willow area trails that I've been on are in great shape, so thanks to all involved.

Exclamation Darnit!!!

Man I have been wanting to do that run. But No time!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!