Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My last day as a free man.

Default My last day as a free man.

Now, I'll start off with, I have no idea where to put this, and it has some hunting, and the hunting forum seems to be where people post stuff of the "general" category. I'f this news to be moved, so be it.

Well, tomorrow is my 16 birthday, and with that, of course, comes the need for a hunting fishing trapping license, as well as duck stamps and all that jazz, so as of tomorrow I'll be on record, and not only that, but I will have my drivers license (if I pass my test, of course, which shouldn't be a problem) And because we do foster care I have to do my finger prints......I reckon that means no more join rambo on strange people walking up our half mile long drive way at 2 AM. and no more taking off in the deepest darkest crap hole of a devels club patch I can find if I see a trooper after I shot a grouse on April 16th (which by the way, every part of that grouse was used I even saved the feathers for tying flies and made spear tips and hooks out of the bones, and I hadn't eaten all day and wouldn't have any food in the near future as I was on a hunting trip that took a turn)

Anyway, so today the family was gone, the foster kids were at school, my older sister is at work, my brother mom and infant foster sister went into anchorage to pick up my granpaw who is coming in today and dad was getting a physical done to start his "new" old job as a mechanic in anchorage. so I decided to stay home and do a bunch of things that mom has stopped my from doing, cause they aren't gentlemanly, things such as kill a 10 foot grizzly, shoot my pellet gun out the window at a pop can, start fires with my knife and flint and eat a 1/2 pound tuna sandwich. (ok, not kill a 10 foot grizzly, but you get the point) also in my plan for the day I am gonna weld on my practice piece (I'll get a picture later) for a couple hours and ride my 4 wheeler to my old job site where I have worked for the bast 2 years, cause as of tomorrow I will be driving there. I'm sure I'll miss my 4 wheeler. another thing I hope to do is hunt fish and trap before I need all the license's and tags and mumbo jumbo. and really go out with my boots on if you know what I'm sayin.

this summer I was working most every week was a 6 1/2 day work week, so I didn't really get to do anything a regular 15 year old does, so I'm hopefully gonna make up for some of it today, like run through the woods with a 22 (not loaded during the running, of course) shooting at stumps and bagging squirrels and rabbits to later eat for dinner. no doubt the snow makes an impact on my "running" but it feels good to act like a kid. heck I might just walk around a whittle on a stick for a couple hours, spittin and stuff, defiantly gonna shinny up a couple trees and tree top with them (when you climb to the top, of a right sized tee it will slowly bend down while you hang on with your hand and when you touch the ground, you shove off and go op till the tree is straight, then your momentum pulls you back down the other side. WARNING! DO NOT ATTEMPT WITH A SOFT WOOD TREE OR WHEN IT IS BELOW ZERO...it hurts for a tree to snap when your at the top just a swingin, gonna ride the snow machine around and get picture of moose and see how fast I can empty a 25 round clip from my 1022. and do a bunch of brodies on the road with my wheeler provided there is enough snow/ice

anything else I should do while I'm still a kid? I already did some of the afore mentioned things, and might do um again just cause its so cottin pickin fun. Ohhhhh yes almost forgot, I gotta set some sort of water dumping devise for when my sis walks into her room....perhaps watching "denis the menis" is in order for some ideas.....

anyway, have a good day. I will/am fo' sho' if you can think of anything to do like walk around with out a shirt on cause there aren't any girl in the house post it up!
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

well happy birthday, but you know, turning 16 is never a bad thing....youll be contributing to the wildlife by purchasin that license and tags.....youll have a vehicle, youll be able to get and "do" much more hunting/fishing/trapping more often, even if its just a day trip or a few hours, cuz you can drive there yourself....youve got about 3 more years of bein kid though....you wont think of it that way I know but its still possible to get away with being a kid at 18.....longs you stay out of trouble at least.....
    have a good birthday and dont look at it as a bad thing or the end of an era....its the beginning of a better one....

Release Lake Trout

From the title of the thread ... I thought you were getting married... and was looking for the bachelor party..

....Happy Birthday

Some people get away with being a kid at 40. Happy Birthday to ya.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Haha ha so did I. I'm dreading the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wet eNuf View Post
    From the title of the thread ... I thought you were getting married... and was looking for the bachelor party..

....Happy Birthday

HaHeHeHe Heck, I'll always be a kid, and I plan to embrace all the awesomeness of being 16 (like chasing girls ...) I was more making it to be a joke....as excited as I am (and I am STINKING EXCITED) I can't help but feel a twinge of..uhh....something, I can't think of the word, cause there is something to be said for a 15 Yo walking through the woods on a quite after noon after school with his dog....but I don't think I'll grow up to much here in this next year....Oh BTW I was sharpening my axe (to cut the night work of fire wood with just said axe) and I filleted the meat off my pinky...HeHeHe goin into this new strange world with a scar to remember it by....
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

You should probably moon somebody and flirt with some teenage girls, not at the same time of course. Society will not look kindly upon you when you do those things in the future. It's best to get them in while you can. Happy birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by thenarwhal View Post
    You should probably moon somebody and flirt with some teenage girls, not at the same time of course. Society will not look kindly upon you when you do those things in the future. It's best to get them in while you can. Happy birthday.
    well you see as I don't turn 16 till tomorrow I al limited to riding my wheeler to big lake, and I know everybody there....

and I start stuttering when I'm nervous, so the flirting is outta the question....but I reckon I gotta learn sometime....now you get me thinkin.....

As bear grilles would say "this, is gonna be fun!"

Happy Birthday FF&G
    remember growing up is optional, growing old is mandatory...!

Every day is one less you get ,so live it up .This post has taken "me down though the years and the days my youth"
    Does anyone know who sang that?

+1on that! Happy Bday FF&G!

Quote Originally Posted by Old John View Post
    Happy Birthday FF&G
    remember growing up is optional, growing old is mandatory...!

It just cost more as you get older but sometimes you get to pick hows it spent. Cost ain't just money its health respect and things like that. When I was ten or so my best friend and I figured we would live to 2013 which was a real stretch into the future for someone born in the first half of the last century. I found the harder you use your body in youth the more that will be there when get older. Enjoy 16 its a fair good time but myself I would love enjoy going back to 55,now thats a good age. Don't do like I did and join the Marines for your seventeenth. Happy Birthday young Man
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Some good advice FF&G is if you keep your ear to the road and nose to the grind stone and you will find two things:

Dirt in your ear and a flat nose.

Happy Birthday FF&G.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Some good advice FF&G is if you keep your ear to the road and nose to the grind stone and you will find two things:

Dirt in your ear and a flat nose.

Happy Birthday FF&G.
    That makes me smile....

Thanks for you advice everybody, reps all around.

Quote Originally Posted by headhunter353 View Post
    Every day is one less you get ,so live it up .This post has taken "me down though the years and the days my youth"
    Does anyone know who sang that?
    Jethro tull- thick as a brick

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    Thanks for you advice everybody, reps all around.
    I ran out of rep points today, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    I ran out of rep points today, sorry.
    That happens when you get old.

I for one, KNOW that if you can work a full day by 16, the rest will come easy. Thank your parents for that.

I did at your age, after school, while my childish chump friends begged for allowance and *****ed too much when they too, often declared "I'm bored" and eventually had to get on ith life a couple 4 years later than I ..I swear one guy I know cryed after his first day on a real "Job", 8 hours of scrapeing concreat forms. I refraind from hitting him and just laughed in his face till he quit, realizing that we had ALL just worked the same hours, same Sun, same wage~~LOL!!~~

Stay busey, youll still feel 16 at my age

With $$ comes 'Chicks' , and then youll REALLY work , and watch that $$$$ Fly away ~~LOL!!~~

Happy B-day.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast