Thread: Powder sticking issues

Default Powder sticking issues

Is there some fail safe trick to keep your power from sticking to the scale tray or even in the uniflow? I am using HS-6 and it just sticks to everything.

Wipe the equipment down with one of those anti cling/softner sheets you toss in the clothes dryer.

The fabric softner sheets have an oil on them - don't know what - if anything- it will do to powder.

You can also wash the parts with a liquid dishwashing soap and help the static cling without leaving a possible residue.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Wipe the equipment down with one of those anti cling/softner sheets you toss in the clothes dryer.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I normally wipe the powder scale pan off with a clean piece of old t-shirt and do the same with the inner surfaces of my Uni-Flo before use. But, if powder does cling to the plastic reservoir, I just gently tap the outside and normally it drops off.

Lots of folks been using the dryer sheets for quite a while without problems.

Bounce dryer sheets for me. Can’t hardly even use a powder measure sometimes down in the dry heat of Arizona in an air conditioned room without them. And they give your loading bench that spring fresh sent too.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default reeking of...

Dang Andy, I though you were a real guy!

Reloading benches should have smells like Hoppes #9, acetone/ether, beeswax bullet lube etc. - real man smells - not the whimpy wuzzy sickening sweet bounce odor.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Bounce dryer sheets for me. Can’t hardly even use a powder measure sometimes down in the dry heat of Arizona in an air conditioned room without them. And they give your loading bench that spring fresh sent too.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post

Reloading benches should have smells like Hoppes #9, acetone/ether, beeswax bullet lube etc. - real man smells - not the whimpy wuzzy sickening sweet bounce odor.
    Didn't know you rolled "THAT" way TV, oh well, don't ask-don't tell.

But I got all them smells too, it’s a poopooree ya know . . . with Tapmagic, JB-Buster/Blaster whatever, WD40, sulfur, snacks I didn’t finish can’t find now and dogs won‘t eat for some reason, and even some frustration mixed in. Keeps the wife out mostly, though she‘s been known to come around and augment my poopooree with Fabreeze.

But, anyway, them drier sheets do work at stopping the static cling in the hopper very well. Also keep moose off my apple trees, no joke, moose hate the spring fresh sent I guess.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post

Yeah...I have to agree...LOL! Ever take a whif of a freshly-fired shotgun shell? Great smell! In contrast, my wife keeps buying these stupid plug-in fragrance things and putting them all over the house. Terrible odor...

Marshall/Ak
    "I love my country...it's the government I'm scared of"

Default stinch & good smells

The old waxed paper shotgun shells had the best smell IMO. The plastic ones are good but just not the same.

My wife is hung up on those dang plug-in stench pots also. I can hardly smell the wet dog when she comes in the house.

Andy's suggestion on the dryer sheets for moose repellent sounds interesting. I've used the rotted blood stuff but it does smell pretty bad. I have to watch the wind and only spray it when the neighbors I don't like are downwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall/Ak View Post
    Yeah...I have to agree...LOL! Ever take a whif of a freshly-fired shotgun shell? Great smell! In contrast, my wife keeps buying these stupid plug-in fragrance things and putting them all over the house. Terrible odor...

Marshall/Ak

Wish they made Hoppe's 9 in roll on deodorant. I love the smell of it.

I'll stick with the smell of Scotch.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"