Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Levin, Zumbo and us - Get in the Game People!

Default Levin, Zumbo and us - Get in the Game People!

For those of you that haven't yet heard, Michigan Senator and anti-gun activist Carl Levin has become the first politician to use Zumbo's comments as fuel for the anti-gun fire. He made a speech that is now part of the congressional record quoting Zumbo as being behind a new far-reaching assault weapons ban.

Zumbo, who is making steps to redeem himself the best he can, has issued an open letter to congress basically calling out Levin and stating that he is not anti-gun. He has asked that his comments also be entered into congressional record.

Now is not the time to attack Jim anymore, but get behind him and say how dare Levin use his coomments as fuel for his extreme agenda.

I think this goes a long way toward showing us who the real enemies are out there. I am happy to say that Levin is no longer the senator from my state, as I no longer live in Michigan. That won't stop me from writing him, and I suggest you do the same.

Michigan.
    When I was a kid it was the last place I would ever expected to hear about any politicians being openly anti-gun. Except maybe in Detroit.

Wow, times have changed
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Maybe Dumbo should have kept his mouth shut. He should have done a little research on the subject of Ak's and AR15's before he stuck his foot in his mouth. He has nobody but himself to blame for his words being used by the Anti-Gunners.

Too bad people like to bash those that want to take away our rights but say nothing about those like the NRA that don't want a 2nd Amendment case to get too the SCOTUS.

Default Zumbo's Response to Levin and Congress

Maybe it's time for all of us to welcome him back into the fold; he's contacted Congress in the past few weeks - have you? Here's the link to his very direct and pro-2A response:

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/tow_fi...date=2007-3-30

Michael

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

You darn right I have, have you?

Wer'e better off without the likes of trying to make amends for shooting off at the mouth. He's a professional writer. I believe one thing you learn as a writer is you do some background research of what you are planning on writing about. I don't fall for his lame excuses that he gave for writing what he did. Excuses are like a&&holes, everybody has one and they all stink.

Default Opinions

Allen - not disagreeing with you on his opinion - but he did write a very clear letter that REFUTED Levin's statements, for the record...so he should be credited for that. Kind of hard to ignore (for the Congresscritters) unless you have your head in the sand.

And yes, have contacted both state and national level reps in the past several weeks - we can't afford to relax in Maryland, too many liberals who know nothing about guns ior the Constitution.

Michael

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper916 View Post
    .....Now is not the time to attack Jim anymore, but get behind him and say how dare Levin use his coomments as fuel for his extreme agenda.......
    Funny how that works.

Cut his throat, then drag his carcass to the blood bank?

I think this goes a long way toward showing us who the real enemies are out there.
    I think that should have been clear before Zumbo was being crucified.

I am happy to say that Levin is no longer the senator from my state, as I no longer live in Michigan. That won't stop me from writing him, and I suggest you do the same.
    What for?

You think he's just "making a mistake" like Zumbo did?

Excuse me while I stumble to the bathroom. I don't want to vomit on my wife's carpet...........

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by AlleninAlaska View Post
    .....Too bad people like to bash those that want to take away our rights but say nothing about those like the NRA that don't want a 2nd Amendment case to get too the SCOTUS.
    A 2nd Amendment case going to SCOTUS is long overdue.

And Zumbo is human. He proved that with his apologies.

Levin is a snake. He'll continue to prove that.........

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by AlleninAlaska View Post
    ....Wer'e better off without the likes of trying to make amends for shooting off at the mouth.
    Are we?

You're shooting hard and fast right now.

He's a professional writer.
    And you're not.

I believe one thing you learn as a writer is you do some background research of what you are planning on writing about.
    And your background here?

I don't fall for his lame excuses that he gave for writing what he did. Excuses are like a&&holes, everybody has one and they all stink.
    I'm smelling one from here........

Carl Levin has never spoke for Michigan except when he is in line to benifit himself from it. Southeastern Michigan puts him in office, the rest want him out. We put term limits on our own in the state, to bad we can't do in the US senate. All this means is that my friends in Fenton will sell a lot more guns this year!

Ron

Default rats ass

I COULD GIVE A FLIPPIN RATS ***** ABOUT ZUMBO.

Remember it was "him and his words" being used by that pinko commie skuzball sorry ***** excuse for a senator.

So he ain't helpin by contacting anyone.

He is only trying to undo the pandora's box he opened.

He will have to adress congress and the senate about 10 more times and still wont break even for all the BS he unleashed.

So save your bleeding heart democrat, pinko, liberal commie thread attempts to get me to hug him and swap spittle.

Thats one thing I miss the most about the 82nd Abn Div. ,we never made ripples in the big pond till we ran things by each other first.

Respect and morals were high and we cared about each other more than freakin legs and NAPs.

We were brothers.

This guy thought his crap didn't stink and he screwed his bros!!!!!!

Keep outta my face with this crap!

jedi
    Last edited by null20071; 03-30-2007 at 19:18.

Default nothing personal

I didn't mean anything personal to you yooper .....I just see red on this issue... I know you meant well.

jedi

Default gets what he deserves

Zumbo is getting what he deserves, now the lefties what to use him. Lets keep the momentum going for our pro gun views. This will teach anyone a lesson who wants to speak out against guns. This is the time for the gun community to stand tall and protect our rights. Zumbo will have to earn the respect back of the gun community, a simple letter is not enough. Actions speak louder then words. Zumbo needs to turn this controversy around to something positive for the gun community if he ever wants a career in the sporting field.

I'm with Jedi on this one.... I could give a **** about how many letters Zumbo writes....

No one will be able to convince me that a well traveled, well informed, professional hunter, writer, etc., was ignorant of military weapons being used for hunting. I don't belong to the outdoor writing industry, but I have seen a magazine stand once or twice. From "Guns and Ammo" to the "The Shotgun News" to "Soldier of Fortune"..... Zumbo being an outdoor writer, he would have to be a complete clueless idiot not to know that there is a substantial market/community out there that use "assualt weapons" for varmint hunting.

Since Zumbo in neither clueless or an idiot, I took his origninal comment at face value. He said what he felt... and there is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong, however, is him tap dancing when the cannons started firing back. His retraction is nothing more than a knee-jerk response to the legions of outdoorsman that contacted his sponsors, which in turn, pressured Zumbo. He seen his job, reputation, endorsements, free-hunts, free-gear, etc. going bye-bye. If he would have stuck to his original comment, I would have respect for him. Instead, he didn't have the backbone to stand-up for what he believed. If the outdoor community hadn't spoke-up as much as they did, would Zumbo have retracted his statement on his own???? I think not.

Zumbo is trying to get his street-cred back. Yes, good on him for retorting Levin's comments, but to me, Zumbo's comments are just as meaningless as Levin's.

The bigger issue... Gun rights are on the chopping block again. We owe it to ourselves to contact our local/state/U.S. representatives and voice our opinions. It was only a matter of time before Zumbo's comments were used against the outdoor community.
    "The rich... who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own excellence, these are the real enemies of game".... Theodore Roosevelt's A Principle of the Hunt

If a man beats up your daughter, he is a woman beater.

If, six months later, (after he is released from the hospital) he decides to give a press conference denouncing another woman beater, it still does not make him a great guy.

xx
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Default Interesting...

Interesting to read all of the viewpoints on this. I'll add my own humble opinion:

1) Guess I'm not as good at mind reading as everyone else...as I don't really know if Zumbo means what he is saying, or if he's trying to reclaim his status. But, it seems there's a fair amount of people here who have never had a significant change of thought on any issue, after being educated about that issue...based on the "he said what he really means the first time around" comments.

Myself, I voted for a Democrat once, and I also didn't see the need for certain types of weapons, once...and have since come 180 degrees on both counts. I'm not going to believe that someone else can't do the same.

2) For those who are worried that "now the other side has his comments on record, and can use them against us" - well, now WE also have his letter to Congress on record, and can use it to refute those comments - so it's not the crisis we may try to make it.

3) And for those saying he scrwed his own - then he's in a lot of company. We have far too many elitist hunters, skeet shooters, target shooters, match shooters, etc out there who are only worried about their weapons, and can't spare a breath for the overall 2A fight.

Michael

Default exactly right

Quote Originally Posted by akndres View Post
    I'm with Jedi on this one.... I could give a **** about how many letters Zumbo writes....

No one will be able to convince me that a well traveled, well informed, professional hunter, writer, etc., was ignorant of military weapons being used for hunting. I don't belong to the outdoor writing industry, but I have seen a magazine stand once or twice. From "Guns and Ammo" to the "The Shotgun News" to "Soldier of Fortune"..... Zumbo being an outdoor writer, he would have to be a complete clueless idiot not to know that there is a substantial market/community out there that use "assualt weapons" for varmint hunting.

Since Zumbo in neither clueless or an idiot, I took his origninal comment at face value. He said what he felt... and there is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong, however, is him tap dancing when the cannons started firing back. His retraction is nothing more than a knee-jerk response to the legions of outdoorsman that contacted his sponsors, which in turn, pressured Zumbo. He seen his job, reputation, endorsements, free-hunts, free-gear, etc. going bye-bye. If he would have stuck to his original comment, I would have respect for him. Instead, he didn't have the backbone to stand-up for what he believed. If the outdoor community hadn't spoke-up as much as they did, would Zumbo have retracted his statement on his own???? I think not.

Zumbo is trying to get his street-cred back. Yes, good on him for retorting Levin's comments, but to me, Zumbo's comments are just as meaningless as Levin's.

The bigger issue... Gun rights are on the chopping block again. We owe it to ourselves to contact our local/state/U.S. representatives and voice our opinions. It was only a matter of time before Zumbo's comments were used against the outdoor community.
    All that said above PLUS+++ How can you call the primary weapon of the entire U.S. armed forces a "terrorist weapon"?

It ain't like we got a new rifle he didn't know about.

The M16-AR15 has been in use continually for decades!!!!!

jedi

I decided to go to the forums I visit regularly and post this info because I felt it was important. Yeah, Zumbo screwed up and I'm not telling you to forgive him. My message is that we ought to be looking at the real threat out there.

Zumbo is not our enemy. Dirtbag career politicians with self serving agendas like Levin are.

So go whine, cry and vomit all over your bathrooms if you feel the need and save the jack***** comments for you barstool.

ALL I wanted you to do was make your voice heard. It may fall on deaf ears, but it's better than doing nothing.

Does anyone have a thread to Levin's speech?

Default deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper916 View Post
    I decided to go to the forums I visit regularly and post this info because I felt it was important. Yeah, Zumbo screwed up and I'm not telling you to forgive him. My message is that we ought to be looking at the real threat out there.

Zumbo is not our enemy. Dirtbag career politicians with self serving agendas like Levin are.

So go whine, cry and vomit all over your bathrooms if you feel the need and save the jack***** comments for you barstool.

ALL I wanted you to do was make your voice heard. It may fall on deaf ears, but it's better than doing nothing.
    I think he is the enemy. Levin and Zumbo alike.

I always cry to my congressmen and senators.

So no need to worry about my voice being heard...I am sure even Zumbo hears it too.

I dont need squat from zumbo to be heard...he can hold candlelight vigils with sarah brady till hell freezes over and it won't bother me at all.

I hang tough to the end with all my pro gun brothers.

Till they turn coat.

jedi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast