Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What modifications on your Glocks??

Default What modifications on your Glocks??

I was wondering what are some of the more popular mods we make on our Glocks. I've found one big thing that makes me a better shooter with mine is the Ghost Rocket connector. This is a lighter pull (3.5# or 5#) but the big advantage for me is that it has a trigger stop that ends that atrocious over travel when the trigger breaks. This keeps me from shoving my trigger finger into the natural stop at the end of trigger travel and steering (jerking) the sights off target. Maybe I just never fully adapted to the Glock trigger pull so need this help. Differences are apparent with the guns when I dry fire and groups with fast fire are about half of before.

The thing takes some fitting but that is just a good opportunity to learn more about the lock-work of these simple beasts. I also change the recoil spring guide (and usually the spring) from plastic to steel or titanium.

I do like the standard Glock extended slide release and magazine release buttons, not the various aftermarket parts. I do a lot of the GSSF shoots where two mag changes or the norm for most scenarios and those parts work well for me with my medium sized hands and the 9mm/40 size frames and the SF in the larger framed Glocks.

I also want steel sights on all my pistols so the cheap plastic has to go, usually for tritium dots or higher vis of some type depending on the primary use.

A lot of folks seem to want a better barrel but I haven't found that to be much help for me and usually stay with the standard.

And of course I like to polish the internal lock-work parts such as the striker lip, the trigger bar and connector and the firing pin safety button.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

None. Bone stock.

I'm sure its gotten better now, but in the old days the only Glocks I saw choke and puke were the ones with aftermarket parts- never have really gotten past that for some reason.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...for-GLOCK-reg-

Best mod I have done for function hands down. And if you are shooting in competitions Look into an aluminum mag well

I polished up the internals real well, stoned the cruciform so it was flat where it acts like a sear, added a 6lb trigger spring, and installed a 3.5lb Ghost connector. Now the trigger is lighter than stock, but not total mush (for a Glock). Seemed like the stock trigger limits the gun somewhat, it would be hard to use it on smaller targets.

Other than that, I'm trying to leave well enough alone.

My G19 is my only Glock and it is my carry gun and I don't like to change/mod a carry gun. It is the gen 4 and runs fine.

The trigger seems to be the worst part of a Glock and it's main competitor, Springfield XD. Once the trigger is improved, the accuracy improves also.

My main complaint is that those companies put such awful triggers on their product. Then you have to spend more, sometimes much more, to get what should have come from the factory.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

The only mods that I do on every one I own is 3.5# connector and XS 24/7 Big Dot sights.

If you are going to carry or hunt with it, do the "25 cent" trigger job with the 5 lb connector and don't go to the 3.5lb...they go off too easy under stress or excitement of the hunt. Not much difference between the two once you get used to a slicked up 5 lb.

I use 3.5 lb on my range G21, G34, G35 and my BUG G27 but I NEVER carry them. My carry G23 is stock except for grip stippling and a polish job. My hunting Gen 2 G20 has a polished 5lb and guts, 6" KKM barrel with polished ramp, a 22lb spring and polished stainless guide rod along with a full grip reduction, stippling and Bomar target sights, flaired and polished mag well, extended mag release and slide stop, stippled mag bases, polished mag followers and extra power mag springs.....other than that it's stock.

Last time this came up I asked if there were any police agencies that allow the use of the 3.5 lb connector and got no response. Maybe this time an agency rep will chime in if they allow it on duty/off-duty guns. There is a reason why the "New York" trigger breaks around 8 lbs....the plaintiff's lawyer.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

1. Tritium night sights
    2. Extended slide stop (made by Glock)
    3. Lots of ammo.

Kirk out

On my G29
    6# trigger spring
    3.5 polished connector
    polished internals
    ported-extended LW barrel for the range
    fiber optic front sight
    magazine spacers and G20 mags
    mag springs
    polished factory barrel
    Wolf firing pin spring
    Wolf 21 and 23# recoil springs
    Wolf metal guide rod

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Almost 5 years ago I bought a Law Enforcement trade-in from a local shop. The bore was dark and a long gash on the slide. It was $315 with no magazine and the last thing I needed since I already had a Sigma in 40 S&W but the G22 would be my first Glock.
    A few days later I found a like new 357 Sig barrel for $100 was on it's way and I picked up a new mag.
    It shot nice tight little groups and last year I took the couple of mile drive to Glock Meister and had them tear it apart, clean it and put new Night Sights on it.
    I don't know why, but they look cool in the tent at night which makes it easy to find. The gun works and I have complete confidence in it and will buy a 9mm barrel soon after I sell a Sig Pro that gets no use. I don't target shoot or hunt with it as I have guns that do both better. But shooting Silhouettes at 7-10 yards just pointing and not looking through the sights, it does what I want it to do with the trigger I bought it with.
    I doubt I will ever do any upgrades but the Robar finishes would be nice. I can only imagine how many rounds it has through it.

Hard to improve on the rugged reliability of a Glock in my mind so I try not to mess up a good thing, more spring in the 10mm but other than that I just use them. Would like a long slide at some point and find them ugly but they hit where I tell them and go bang every time . . . what more ya want.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

glock is almost perfect stock. xds on the other hand are not so perfect.
    Semper Fi!

On my Glock 36 I put a XS Standard Tritium Dot on the front and the wide Express Tritium Sight on the rear. I like the pistol a lot, but it is a close range gun for me. I am getting a set of the Heine Ledge Tritium sights for my Glock 30SF and I have a Ghost 3.5 connector I will try in it. I have used that trigger in a Glock 34 and liked it. If a guy is used to a good 1911 or Hi Power trigger I don't think the 3.5 Ghost mod will be a problem for them. I think the Glock 30SF has to much metal on the frame and have thought about having it milled so it would be similar to the Browning Hi Power frame shape in the front. I really like some of the mods that Bowie Tactical does to Glock's, especially the one they do to the Glock 21. Glock's are good pistols.

G22 carry - completely stock internals with Glock factory night sites. I added the stick-on Decal Grips and love 'em.

G22 Gen1 "play" gun - I did a complete internal polish job and put in a 3.5# Scherer connector matched with the Glock NY#1 (8#) trigger spring. Together, this gives a very smooth and consistent 5# pull with a crisp break. I put in the Glock "target trigger", though the only difference is the physical shape of the finger pad on the trigger. I also have an aftermarket SS guide rod with captured spring and Glock extended mag and slide releases. This one has the Hogue slip-on grip on it, which I don't like as much as the Decal Grip, but use it on this Gen 1 gun to add the finger grooves. I've changed the sights on this gun a couple times and have returned to the Glock factory adjustable plastic sights after not liking other aftermarket options. That said, the referenced ghost ring sights above have been on my wish list for awhile. I also have a stainless EFK ported barrel. After running a couple hundred rounds through it, I put the factory barrel back in for the most part. The only difference I found between the two was the EFK barrel puts the same group about 3" to the right of the stock barrel at 7 yards. Otherwise, couldn't tell the difference. It takes about 26 seconds to switch between the barrels, so I keep the EFK in this pistol's carry case and have used it once or twice since.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

as a glock armorer i have seen a fair number of glocks, but very few for repair. generally speaking, the stock equipment works well and as intended. it can be "improved" to suit the shooter, but requires nothing. like the john m. browning 1911 a whole industry has been developed to sell the idea of needed changes.......and in some cases if it seems to help, it probably does.

personally i like the light connector, extended slide release and extended mag release. my glocks also have night sights.

for those revolver shooters the new york trigger is designed to be similar to a double action feel. the trigger is offered in two weights to suit the shooter or dept.
    happy trails.
    jh

Mine are work guns. No mods except for night sights.
    Now what ?

I find some interesting responses. I am curious about the trend of "no mods' on working guns or CCW/defensive guns.
    The purpose of any mos would be to enhance the functionality and performance or make more to the shooters liking. Is there some basis for no modification on our working guns?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I find some interesting responses. I am curious about the trend of "no mods' on working guns or CCW/defensive guns.
    The purpose of any mos would be to enhance the functionality and performance or make more to the shooters liking. Is there some basis for no modification on our working guns?
    My understanding is the more mods, the LESS reliability. Obviously that's predicated on what mods are done and the competence of the person doing the mods.

For me, I plan on changing sights, and installing a stock extended mag release. I may experiment with the trigger mods and polishing in the future. I'll probably replace the recoil spring with a 15lb'er just because its easy, and I'm curious if I'll notice a difference.

Aside from the sights I don't feel any changes are mandatory, but its a good excuse to get to know how the gun works a little better

Pearce Grip Extension on my 29. It really help with muzzle torque when your putting quick groups down range. Other than that Ive done no mods, just use it. I have found that Federal Hydroshock ammo is very inconsistent in it. Sometimes it shoots good groups, and sometimes its all over the place. But practice ammo works fine. Winchester Silver tip works well all the time.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/504...-polymer-black
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast