Thread: gunbroker.com

Default gunbroker.com

Anyone use gunbroker.com? I am curious if there are any participation FFL's in the Palmer/Wasilla area and what they charge to have a weapon delivered to them. I can't imagine they would do it for free.

you can use the find a dealer option on gunbroker. If there is any up there where you are. But you can have your gun sent to any gun dealer. Yes they usually charge 10 to 20 dollars to do the transfer paper work for you. I did have one guy try to charge me tax also, but there should not be any tax unless you bought from the same state. So do not let him charge you tax. The easiest way to do this is go to your local gun dealer and ask him if he will except a rifle or pistol transfer for you and what would his charge be. Then he will need to fax his FFL to the seller for there paper work. It is very easy. I have bought several guns in the last year off the internet. GunBroker, Auctionarms,Gunsamerica, they all work the same way. Just have fun and look at the rifle very close. Ask about inspection period for the weapon. Most will have a 3 day inspection period without shooting the rifle. Hope this helps.

I used gunbrokers many times. I find I can usually sell a rifle there for about 10-20% more than I can on any of the Forums, including this one.
    If you are selling you do not need an FFL to mail the rifle. You just have to make sure you mail it to an FFL holder. If you both live in Alaska no FFL is needed by either party.
    To receive you need a dealer in the local area. I use Boondocks and they give me a nice price but I also purchase half a dozen guns from them every year.
    I highly recommend using it. Your rifle can reach a worldwide audience and sometimes people get into the bidding frenzy paying more than what it is worth.
    Tennessee

Default Beware of gunbrokers!

I got burned on a rifle listed on gunbrokers last fall. Sent the money but didn't get the rifle. The guy had good feedback. Gunbrokers fraud insurance is a scam! They refuse to make good on my claim and will not answer my emails. I am out $625.00! Live and learn I guess.