Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deshka Fun

Default Deshka Fun

Deshka jetboat video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybuxQ...QGbHAjH-xTu4lU

My wife and friends were less than pleased.. haha

I am betting that you are still getting the cold shoulder from that when you head into the bedroom all these months later!!

Her vodka and OJ's helped me get out of it fairly easily that day ... and now she just laughs at the video.

Man, that 212 can move some water!

I would have slept with one eye open for at least the next 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilliland440 View Post
    Deshka jetboat video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybuxQ...QGbHAjH-xTu4lU

My wife and friends were less than pleased.. haha

I bet the boaters you swamped weren't too happy either,,,pretty lame to do that,,,is your firt name "richard" (Dick).

(when it rains) I bet you hit people on side walks too.

Really, you think that is funny? Did you know these people? Did they shoot at you when you came back down stream. You've got some nerve dude.

Clearly they were the significant others of the guys in the boat. While I have never done such stuff in such a large vessel I can't say I haven't performed similar antics on a waverunner.

Big boats like this and the way their operated are exactly the reason they have a bad name. Clearly the people he swamped were friends, got no problem with that! My problem is bank erosion, lots of big jet boats tear the heck out of banks and not to mention salmon beds.

Dumb really dumb some day when hurt someone and have a couple years in jail to think about... You won't find it so funny...
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Armed_alaskan View Post
    I bet the boaters you swamped weren't too happy either,,,pretty lame to do that,,,is your firt name "richard" (Dick).

(when it rains) I bet you hit people on side walks too.
    It was my wife and friends in the tubes and canoe... and I am not sure what a firt name is ...

It was my wife and friends in the tubes and canoe... and I am not sure what a firt name is ...

Well I have to say you opened up the can of worms by posting the video in the first (firt) place. If those folks are your family members, they feel the same way most of us felt after viewing your antics.

Yea I did take another look at the video and the person in the canoe "is" giving you the middle finger, my bad. They must know you,,,,,, to give you the one finger wave.

Side note: (future) personal injury case pending

Gilliland440 is clearly an immature and intellectually stunted child. This is nothing more than a juvenile prank without any consideration of the consequences. Typical 4 year old behavior.

Gilliland,

Since you were kind enough to show us all how you run the river, would you also accompany the video with clear large format images of the boat, AK #s and the driver so the rest of us can be better prepared if seen on the water?

As a 16 year old I would have and did do similar things to my friends/loved ones and got a way with it, I got lucky and did not maim /kill any of them or myself through my reckless youth. You got lucky, the cast members of Jackass get lucky to - most of the time. (RIP Ryan Dunn)- Yes, he died not as a result of a prank, but poor judgement.

This subject you have aired is about judgement...

I have firm beleif that natural selection will prevail. I only hope no one other than the "selected" gets hurt in the process.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Yes, it was a touch juvenile. I do have a wild side a country mile long. I have never injured a friend in one of my stunts. I have true friends who would do anything for me and I would do anything for them. My rebuttal yesterday was immature due to a long stressful day at work. As for me being intellectually stunted.. I think obtaining a degree in Civil Engineering is enough of a rebuttal. As for splashing people in the rain.. I usually try and give them a ride. My friends who I videoed getting splashed were the ones who requested the video to be placed on youtube. Yes I did receive the middle finger from Greg. But when he got back to camp he said he knew it was coming and would have done the same. Anyways I am going to stop before I dig a deeper hole. Enjoy the video.

Wow, I have only been running the sue/deshka/yenta rivers since 83, so I don't have too much experience, but I never have seen so many saints as in this thread. I hope the next time I am helping a fellow boater out that one of you is there to lend a hand.

Im not saying what was shared here was the smartest thing, but come on saints, your going to tell me you haven't done such things like this since you were 4 or 7 or what ever age???? Okay.

Gilliland, thanks for sharing. I think enough correction has been offered here, so safe boating to all for 2012.
    Tony

I have never injured a friend in one of my stunts.
    I would add one word onto this sentence... YET.

I am glad you have an engineering degree. So you have some idea of the physics, mechanics and forces involved with the boat. Think about what it would have been like if a steering cable jammed at the wrong time. You're right, it probably won't, but that is your family and friends.

Do you carry a personal Epirb? Looks like you can afford it with the boat you are running. If that wake had thrown the canoe on the bank and someone had a head injury, that would have been the best $500 to possibly save their life.

Looks like you are all young and still thinking you are immortal. That is not a dig, most people are that way at that age, including me. Just try and take away from this to try and be a bit more conservative with your judgement, especially when it may harm others beyond yourself, and especially when you are in a remote location.

Nice video though...
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Gilliland440! Great video!
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

you have just proved that not only are you dumb for posting this you are also a dick for doing it, being a civil engineer has absolutly nothing to do with being imature and ignorant. that being said I would even help out an imature, ignorant dick in the bush if circumstances waranted. Mickey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast