Thread: Bunny Boot question

Default Bunny Boot question

I have a pair of bunny boots and love them for my winter outings. They way I wear them is to tuck my jeans into the boots and then my bibs go over the outside of the boots. The only problem with that, is that the jeans work their way up and then come out of the boot even when it is laced tight. It is such a simple problem but I figured someone else would have the simple answer!

I go long wool socks that come well above the boots and then use either additional gaiters of the built in ones on my bibs to take care of keeping the pants out of the snow.

It sounds like you need to buy longer pants. Why are you wearing jeans in the winter they are made out of cotton the worst thing you can ware is cotton in the winter. Not only are they cold, if you get them wet the water will migrate up your legs and get everything wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutting Moose View Post
    It sounds like you need to buy longer pants.
    LOL! Not sure if you were trying to be funny, but that made me laugh.

I agree with the cotton comment. Heard of a guys once who fell in a lake at -20 deg. with regular Carharts on. It took 2 friend to pull him out because he weighted so much and then the Carharts froze and the same 2 friends could hardly get the frozen thing off him.

Of course, the moral of the story is to always have 2 friends with you.

Some of us wear blue jeans or Carhartts and bunny boots in our every day lives. I don't put special pants on to run my backhoes, dozer or work out in my lumber yard. Just long johns under the jeans. Anyhow, I wear long wool socks and I wear my pants long. I tuck them into my boots and tighten up the laces. I usually have to redo them halfway through the day, but generally I don't have an issue.

with bunny boots (which I almost never wear, I typically just wear leather boots) I wear long socks and pull um up and fold them down over the top, it keeps the rubber from rubbing all the hair off my leg, plus it keeps snow and ice off my knot so when I come in form riding the snow machine all day and I have to pee like a race horse, I don't have to fight the ice and frozen laces.

I wear carharts every day even to church cause my legs are to big for blue jeans, not to mention I go through the knees of the jeans in about 2 weeks. if you need to splash a little water along the bottom of the pants, so when the water freezes, it keeps um down and the water out. works good.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.