Thread: colt 6920 accuracy ar-15

Default colt 6920 accuracy ar-15

Hi looking at what others are getting and what I should be getting for accuracy with my colt 6920. I am used to shooting my hunting rifle that gets 1" groups at 200yards. now I know that the colt is not that good but I think it should be better than I am getting. I am currently shooting it at 100yards with a 1-4 burris tac30 scope. I dont know what my current group size is but it does seam to be a bit big.

i am not really looking for the accuracy of other ar-15s just colt. so I know their is a lot of people out their who have shot this rifle.

thanks

The one I test drove this summer was a 2" at 100 yards gun with UMC 55gr ammo. Barrel heat would cause it to open up to 3" if I didn't take a break and let it cool.

Yip....AKDoug is about right but it might do a little better depending upon ammo...or worse. They used to be built to the 12" at 300 yds standard.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

shoot a few hundred rounds.....burnish up that chrome lining....then find you some 77gr match kings (Blackhills).....you'll be suprised!!

4 m.o.a. I believe is the M-4 minimun accuracy standard. The 6920 is the civilian version built with the same parts.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    4 m.o.a. I believe is the M-4 minimun accuracy standard. The 6920 is the civilian version built with the same parts.
    Yip....12" at 300 yds., but most will shoot better than that.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.