View Poll Results: Is my 2nd amendment rights being infriged upon?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

19 47.50%
  • no

21 52.50%

Thread: 2nd amendment poll

Default 2nd amendment poll

If I was attempting to purchase a firearm and my proof of address/age/birthdate/photo was my drivers lic. and the address was off by one digit on the zip code and the establishment denied my purchase based on not having accurate proof of address are my 2nd amendment rights being infringed upon?

Nope businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.If I had a gun for sale and didn't want to sell it to you would I be denieing your rights or useing my own
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Nope businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.If I had a gun for sale and didn't want to sell it to you would I be denieing your rights or useing my own
    I agree completely but answered “yes” to the pole in the larger sense that things like the GCA of 1968 infringe on all our 2A rights.

The Constitution protects us from the “government” not Wal-Mart or Jim Bob and there was no government involvement in this case since it’s Wal-Mart that wouldn’t take a valid State issued ID. In this particular deal if anyone’s rights were infringed it would be Wal-Mart’s right to sell their goods without fear of government nit-picking harassment over the paperwork. They simply chose to risk ticking you off a little rather than risk a no-win battle with the BATF&E, they are the ones stuck in the middle with something to loose . . . if I owned Wal-Mart I wouldn’t want to risk loosing gun sales nation wide and pay fines over trusting the judgment call of one gun counter “associate” in Wasilla.

But yes, all our gun rights are and have long been “infringed” upon starting about 1934 with the NFA of 34.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Nope. A private business can refuse to do business with you for whatever reason they want. If they didn't like how you looked, didn't like that you spoke english, or whatever. Those things don't happen too often because it typically is not good business operations if you want to be successful, but it is fully within their rights to do so if they choose.

No, I recently had the similar issue when purchasing a shotgun. I bought a house and moved, the DMV would not redo my license because I had renewed it only 6 months earlier. They said it wasn't necessary. Now the place I was purchasing said my address had to be the same on my drivers license as what I put on the form and I was able to give them my vehicle registration to show proof of my address. I would think that with the recent change to the zip codes they could do the same. But end state a private business as stated in an earlier response has the right to refuse to service to anyone.

If you "lose" your license you can have it replaced and at that time change the address.

My rights were infringed the day we started to need to fill out forms to buy a firearm.

I went and got a new drivers license and put both, physical address and po box on the license form. They took my picture and handed me license and the first thing I noticed was, they had left off my physical address. I complained and they told me they couldn't put the physical address if I had a po box due to "stalking" laws and privacy issues. The person behind the counter understood the delimma and then purchased an offical Alaska State ID with my physical address on it, and all was well. Until next time...

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

The store isn't infringing on your right to keep and bear arms, they are simply requireing the proper documentation and information to sell you a firearm. If your name was mis-spelled by only one letter, I wouldn't suspect they would sell you a weapon in that situation either.

OOOPS !! as would be usual for me, I voted before I read ..... don't blame the dealer for the rules ! that isn't fair - If an ATF agent shows up (unannounced I might add) and finds flaws in the dealer's paperwork it will go badly for the dealer, simple as that - I was a small dealer for a dozen years and admittedly, the last 2 or 3 years I got lax about paperwork ... AND worried about them showing up on my doorstep so I ultimately declined to renew my license - the ATF is no one to screw with and besides, that dealer makes part of his living from those gun sales - get the flaw in your ID straightened out asap because the gun dealer isn't the only one who can mess with you - NOW, to my vote of "yes" before I read .... obama and holder are looking to take any part of gun ownership away from "US" any way they can and that is a fact - there is clear anti-gun wording in the healthcare bill and most other bills that have circulated through congress since obama took office