Thread: Float hunting book

Default Float hunting book

Mike:

I looked for your book and can only find it online with Amazon. Does it not sell locally, did not see in outdoorsdirectory or maybe i am just getting old and but pretty sure it was not there. Really wanted to buy it locally and support our local economy first. I would even be willing to wait (not patiently) till the "man show" if you will have one or two there. Just wondering-- starting to plan now-- not going to wait till last minute like I did last year.

Sorry to clog the threads searching for the book probably should have PMd--

Hello Moose,

Regrettably, the publisher has decided not to make it available for me to sell. I know, I am the author, but... well... I really don't have a good explanation. He indicated that he wants to capture all the revenue for his organization. Okay. That's something I never imagined, and there is nothing I can do about it presently.

I would recommend purchasing it on Amazon, as we no longer have it in stock.

If you are local in Anchorage, drop me a line and I would be happy to sign it for you if you like.

Best regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

It's time for a new addition!!! Maybe even self publish
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Ditto.........

Who do I make the check to for this new addition.

Mike: Thanks for the reply-- really wanted to buy locally and support our local/state economy ... kinda of strange like that, but it is what it is--- sounds to me like greed taking over -- no issues with a person making a profit but just does not sound right -- maybe you should think about a second addition-- i am sure it would be a hit.

Mike I will pimp a coy for you for 10% :-) I know, no help at all sorry. I will PM you. Moose! Moose! Dang it! I need to change me name.

Anyone know where to get a copy? Amazon shows it as unavailable.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

TidalWave Book Store next to REI used to have copies.....

I have an out of print signed copy for $999.98
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by ALASKAN KODA View Post
    TidalWave Book Store next to REI used to have copies.....
    Checked with them on Tuesday. They don't have any copies. I would like to find one also...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Hello Moose,

Regrettably, the publisher has decided not to make it available for me to sell. I know, I am the author, but... well... I really don't have a good explanation. He indicated that he wants to capture all the revenue for his organization. Okay. That's something I never imagined, and there is nothing I can do about it presently.

I would recommend purchasing it on Amazon, as we no longer have it in stock.

If you are local in Anchorage, drop me a line and I would be happy to sign it for you if you like.

Best regards,

-Mike
    Mike. That is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. How is that possible? You are the author and you don't receive a cent! That just chaps my hide! We should all boycott the publisher. Is it Chris Batin? I agree with tboehm. I think it is time for a new addition and this time make sure you got all your ducks in a row so you don't get screwed man. That sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Mike. That is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. How is that possible? You are the author and you don't receive a cent! That just chaps my hide! We should all boycott the publisher. Is it Chris Batin? I agree with tboehm. I think it is time for a new addition and this time make sure you got all your ducks in a row so you don't get screwed man. That sucks!
    It's not quite that simple. I still receive royalty payments for the most part, but I am not allowed to sell my book, nor can Outdoors Directory carry it. The publisher / his associates have launched several websites that compete with Outdoors Directory and the only place the book is currently available is on those sites. For competitive reasons, I cannot link to those sites from this one. So I am reduced to treating them as a competitor. If someone wants a copy, I have been sending direct links privately in the interest of customer service and because it's the only way I can make the book available at this time. So if you need a copy, you are free to send me a PM and I will help you. There are other things going on with this that I cannot discuss at this time, but it's not over yet. Thanks for your patience.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    It's not quite that simple. I still receive royalty payments for the most part, but I am not allowed to sell my book, nor can Outdoors Directory carry it. The publisher / his associates have launched several websites that compete with Outdoors Directory and the only place the book is currently available is on those sites. For competitive reasons, I cannot link to those sites from this one. So I am reduced to treating them as a competitor. If someone wants a copy, I have been sending direct links privately in the interest of customer service and because it's the only way I can make the book available at this time. So if you need a copy, you are free to send me a PM and I will help you. There are other things going on with this that I cannot discuss at this time, but it's not over yet. Thanks for your patience.

-Mike

The best to you in this matter, Float Master.