Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Denied a firearm purchase today !

Default Denied a firearm purchase today !

Went to Walmart today to buy a shotgun. When doing the paperwork, the guy behind the counter flagged me on my zipcode. Wasilla in just the past couple months changed its zipcode for some residents. My zip USED to be 99654 until a month or two ago. NOW, it is 99623. The guy at Walmart denied me a firearm sale because my zipcode i wrote down was different than the one on my Drivers License ! He told me because Wasilla changed its zip, but i didn't change it on my Drivers License, he COULD NOT sell me a firearm ! So, here is a warning to anybody that is in the same boat as me. Take care of your DL... talk about another day i need to waste by waiting in line at the DMV...

Johnny

Good to know. Does the new zip have any specific area?
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Rob, i believe you are still 99654. I'm about 6 miles down KGB and I am the new zip.

Any time spent at the DMV is a waste. You got that right.

Not only were you denied being able to purchase a firearm. You were denied your 2nd amendment rights.

Could be worse though. Look here at what NJ is doing : http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-...-2nd-amendment
    “There's a humorous side to every situation. The challenge is to find it.”
    George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by billhicksmostfunny View Post

Not only were you denied being able to purchase a firearm. You were denied your 2nd amendment rights.

Could be worse though. Look here at what NJ is doing : http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-...-2nd-amendment
    Not really, the 2nd ammendment does not say wal mart is required to sell firearms to all eligable citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver_99654 View Post
    Went to Walmart today to buy a shotgun. When doing the paperwork, the guy behind the counter flagged me on my zipcode. Wasilla in just the past couple months changed its zipcode for some residents. My zip USED to be 99654 until a month or two ago. NOW, it is 99623. The guy at Walmart denied me a firearm sale because my zipcode i wrote down was different than the one on my Drivers License ! He told me because Wasilla changed its zip, but i didn't change it on my Drivers License, he COULD NOT sell me a firearm ! So, here is a warning to anybody that is in the same boat as me. Take care of your DL... talk about another day i need to waste by waiting in line at the DMV...

Johnny
    The ironic catch is that the DMV does not require you to get a new piece of plastic unless you're near the expiration date. They will update your address in the computer, but not issue a new card unless you insist on it. And then they will likely make you pay the replacement fee.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by rdrash View Post
    Not really, the 2nd ammendment does not say wal mart is required to sell firearms to all eligable citizens.
    Guess you don't know what infringe means.........well at least you know that walmart is not mentioned in the 2nd amendment. Guess that's a start.

Not to mention if you read your whole comment, at the end you admit he is "eligable". If he is eligible (as you readily admitted he was) then why was he denied?
    George Carlin

Walmart denied his purchase based on thier interpretation of draconic laws regarding BATF regs and Federal laws.. Soooo, I would say that YES his 2nd Amt laws were INFRINGED upon.

Not surprising at all ! We are at the point in time when we are paralleling the Bolshevik Revolution. Citizens reporting citizens. Scary stuff, and I presume it will get MUCH MUCH worse this year, Hence, the reason i wanted to buy that shotgun...for better home defense.

I moved this summer, but I never updated my driver's license. I was at the DMV for other business, and they said I didn't need to get a new license just because I moved. No problem.....

But, I went to buy a rifle at Sportsman's Warehouse, "Is this your current address?"

No.

"Do you have a hunting license with your new address on it?"

No.

"You can buy one up front, and put your new address on it."

Okay.....

....five minutes later, I'm buying a rifle.

Akheloce --- Thank you! Agreed. Also noticed we inadvertently gave w a l m a r t a free link which is messed up. That won't happen again on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver_99654 View Post
    Not surprising at all ! We are at the point in time when we are paralleling the Bolshevik Revolution. Citizens reporting citizens. Scary stuff, and I presume it will get MUCH MUCH worse this year, Hence, the reason i wanted to buy that shotgun...for better home defense.
    Skydiver --- It is scary. If we don't learn from history I am afraid we are doomed to repeat it.
    George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in Alaska View Post
    I moved this summer, but I never updated my driver's license. I was at the DMV for other business, and they said I didn't need to get a new license just because I moved. No problem.....

But, I went to buy a rifle at Sportsman's Warehouse, "Is this your current address?"

No.

"Do you have a hunting license with your new address on it?"

No.

"You can buy one up front, and put your new address on it."

Okay.....

....five minutes later, I'm buying a rifle.
    Moral of the story : Go to Sportsman's Warehouse!!!!!
    George Carlin

should have bought locally! or at the gun show coming up. never hear of anyone getting a good gun from wal mart, they sell rejects it seems. my dad bought a 45-70, had extra stamps in the bbl in weird places, no biggie, but visible and just looks weird. you can't view your gun until out of store! that says alot to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    should have bought locally!
    That's the moral of the story.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    That's the moral of the story.
    Agreed. I realized that the second after I clicked on "post reply" and was hoping no one would catch it!
    George Carlin

and here I thought the moral of the story was to not live in Wasilla. You're going to have to change your forum name too skydiver, otherwise they won't let you post in the shooting forum.

I actually stopped by Sportsmans first, but they didn't have the firearm i wanted. I wanted a Mossberg 500 with pistol grip and extended stock. The only thing that was remotely comparable at SW was an 870. 870's are nice, but i don't want to spend $300 more for a shotgun when it is ONLY going to be used for home defense. I won't be using it for hunting, target shooting, nada. And Mossbergs are reliable enough for my purposes.

Are people seriously thinking that for what ever reason wal mart chooses not to sell a firearm to someone they are infringing on his 2nd amendment rights? Thats absurd, wal mart did not say he could not possess one nor own one while in the store it said they would not sell one.

I don't know if its the law or not but I have seen plenty of signs that say " we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".

By using this same logic you should be able to walk into any publisher with whatever you want and tell them they HAVE to print it because its your first ammendment right!

I like your passion for 2nd amendment rights and I share it with you, but making uneducated comments like that is what stops rational people from listening to our agenda and agreeing with the constitution of the United States.

Guess you don't know what infringe means.........well at least you know that walmart is not mentioned in the 2nd amendment. Guess that's a start.

Not to mention if you read your whole comment, at the end you admit he is "eligable". If he is eligible (as you readily admitted he was) then why was he denied?

Does the law require you to have a current ID with an accurate address on it? I will assume its yes
    Did he have the current zip code on his lic.? NO
    Is the ability to have it corrected readily available? Yes

Then is no way what so ever was his rights were infringed upon, if he had no ID would there still be infringment? If there was no way to call in the background check would there still be infringment? If he had no way of paying for it would there still be infringment?

It would seem that if someone decided they wanted a firearm and the nearest one available was not given to them immediatly then their rights were trampled.

Quote Originally Posted by rdrash View Post
    Are people seriously thinking that for what ever reason wal mart chooses not to sell a firearm to someone they are infringing on his 2nd amendment rights? Thats absurd, wal mart did not say he could not possess one nor own one while in the store it said they would not sell one.

I don't know if its the law or not but I have seen plenty of signs that say " we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".

By using this same logic you should be able to walk into any publisher with whatever you want and tell them they HAVE to print it because its your first ammendment right!

I like your passion for 2nd amendment rights and I share it with you, but making uneducated comments like that is what stops rational people from listening to our agenda and agreeing with the constitution of the United States.
    If you are asking if I seriously believe infringe (defined as : to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another) actually means infringe, then yes I do.

If you walked into a publisher and said they have to print something that is very much different. They are not abridging your freedom of speech by turning you down. You are free to speak all you want. However denying someone the ability to purchase a firearm is infringing their right to bear arms. The difference is pretty clear. Almost crystal..........
    George Carlin

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast