Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BEST game meal you have ever eaten..

Default BEST game meal you have ever eaten..

Not much beats fresh tenderloin, and we all have great memories eating tenders over the fire after working hard to take care of a just killed game animal(this years moose was in the top 10)

Pheasant in onions.. or even early season spruce grouse aint bad either..

But my all time favorite game meal of all time was on Kodiak.. hunting with a friend on his 56 foot seiner. Cutting deer tenders and wrapping them in bacon with a bit of Jalepeno pepper, a bit of cream cheese. grilled, then with the bacon/pepper/cheese.. thrown in the oven till melted..

salt and pepper are all you really need.. but I will always remember this meal as my favorite.. little beer buzz, crown royal on ice.. off the charts....

only 8 months til Sept.

Two stand out in my memory:
    - moose heart with BBQ sauce taken from a freshly killed bull cooked on the beach by the cabin at the mouth of the Wind River;
    - ptarmigan over the fire after huntin' with the boys on our snowgos in the hills across from Manokotak.

Cubed moose steak country fried, on top of pasta pour alfredo on top bake for 30 min. even the kids will slap mom

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Two stand out in my memory:
    - moose heart with BBQ sauce taken from a freshly killed bull cooked on the beach by the cabin at the mouth of the Wind River;
    - ptarmigan over the fire after huntin' with the boys on our snowgos in the hills across from Manokotak.

ptarmigan are great... so are those ruffed when they are gorged in blueberries!!

Caribou Stroganoff... my kid calls it "Caribou Super Steak".

Not sure if we're just talking game critters but a fresh caught red cooked on charcoal is pretty tough to beat.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    Caribou Stroganoff... my kid calls it "Caribou Super Steak".

Not sure if we're just talking game critters but a fresh caught red cooked on charcoal is pretty tough to beat.

reds are awesome.... my favorite with those is lightly alder smoked then canned with a habanero pepper(try it you'll like it)my fav fish is winter king.

Dove breasts wrapped in bacon cooked on the grill
    Quail fried slowly in onions and peppers
    Yearling deer loins fried slow in onions, mushrooms, and butter! Ooooooo yummy!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

When is dinner??????

Any fresh straps or loins on the grill with peppers onions mushrooms pineapple and my awesome seasoning skills

You can't beat a rack of sheep ribs and loins over a fire when you finally get back to base camp!! 8 more months can't come soon enough.

Hands down...

Valdez black bear back straps, rockfish filets and cold water prawns with butter and lemon that were swimming only minutes before........washed down with a cold Budweiser.

Stid...you're the man

IMGP2948.jpg

IMGP2949.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kotton View Post
    You can't beat a rack of sheep ribs and loins over a fire when you finally get back to base camp!! 8 more months can't come soon enough.

dang that sounds good!!! I cooked rib meat the first day this year as well(along with the tenders).. a bit chewy.. but the flavor was off the charts! I cooked another pan full, and ate myself into a coma..

Quote Originally Posted by Fergy View Post
    Cubed moose steak country fried, on top of pasta pour alfredo on top bake for 30 min. even the kids will slap mom

I will have to try that one. Sounds like a great kids meal.. another one the kids love is moose slow cooked onions/peppers/garlic.. till it falls apart.. make tacos.. or halibut smothered in chili powder.. cilantro/grated cabbage.. more tacos..

Sheep ribs, tender loins, and heart cooked over a fire. Those ribs kotton has pictured were nothing short of amazing!

Pepper anmd Salt on boiled Caribou Tounges top My list Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I second what Mossyhorn said........Amazing !!!!, especially out in the field after eating MH for a few days...

I'm waiting for Stid to show off some of his culinary creations..........the Man can Cook !!!!

Fresh caught shrimp out of PWS! I can eat those until I almost fall over the side of the boat

Quote Originally Posted by Teacherman View Post
    Fresh caught shrimp out of PWS!
    I can't think of anything better than that!

I made a thread about this in the pantry forum a couple days ago.....my favorites are in there.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

grilled mtn. lion backstrap. by far the best meat i've ever eaten, which shocked me at first but geez. grilled it up with a little onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Made some garlic butter potato halves on the coals. Nothing like a hot meal in cold weather, sitting around a fire with a little Jameson on the rocks.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast