Thread: kids on the ice.

Default kids on the ice.

Okay i was wondering if you could recommend a lake that i can get my kids out on. I'm on ER and would rather stay with in an hr from home. We have no snow machine and I will be dragging the equipment ,IE my kids, out by my self. I have never ice fished be for love including my kids in my adventures. What dangers should i watch out for with them? Thanks for any info.

Also what will i need other then an auger and kids lol?

Klunie Lake

Andrew how often do they scrape the road back there? Do they even clear the side road?

Not sure but my last trip the road was pretty good ~ We had to dig a small compact car out of the parking lot. Looks like they did the road but not the parking lot. I also went back there after Christmas before it was plowed with an F150, I was a little worried but saw a few other trucks down in the parking lot. If it's plowed good to go but wouldn't go in without a truck if it's not. It was pretty easy to get a pass from the Visitor Center. I've been there three times and caught 'em everytime. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Murray View Post
    Not sure but my last trip the road was pretty good ~ We had to dig a small compact car out of the parking lot. Looks like they did the road but not the parking lot. I also went back there after Christmas before it was plowed with an F150, I was a little worried but saw a few other trucks down in the parking lot. If it's plowed good to go but wouldn't go in without a truck if it's not. It was pretty easy to get a pass from the Visitor Center. I've been there three times and caught 'em everytime. Good Luck!
    I went back there with an SUV that was FWD some guys helped push me out. I just went out to check it out a few weeks ago. I hear good things, do you know if you can park at the top of the road?

Mirror Lake should give you and the kids some fast and furious action. Go right out in front fo the public access, about 75 to 100 yards. Use shrimp on a swedish pimlpe, maybe 6 to 8 feet of water.... have fun!