Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Family looking for cheap snow machines!!

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default Family looking for cheap snow machines!!

    Hey guys, Im new on here and figured Id try chatting with some of the knowledgable snow machiners out there. My family and I live here at Wainwright and were wanting to get out and enjoy all this snow weve been receiving (as soon as it warms up). I was wondering if any of you guys had some old machines sitting around that needed to be used this winter. I would be willing to buy or rent them from you guys for a reasonable price. We simply just want to ride around Wainwright and maybe around CHS road. Any advice or offers? Thanks for reading and hope you all are having a great New Year.

  2. #2
    Member Berto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    336

    Default

    i have info for you...a lead on a machine in anchorage if you are willing to travel.

  3. #3
    New member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Sure, you can pm me if you'd like . Thanks for your time!

  4. #4
    Member Berto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGGRESSOR6 View Post
    Sure, you can pm me if you'd like . Thanks for your time!
    since you ar new to the forum, i do not believe i can PM you. email me and i'll send you the info.

  5. #5
    Member Berto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berto View Post
    since you ar new to the forum, i do not believe i can PM you. email me and i'll send you the info.
    new development: coworker already had "seller's remorse" and has decided to keep the machine! best of luck in your search.

  6. #6
    Supporting Member Old John's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGGRESSOR6 View Post
    Hey guys, Im new on here and figured Id try chatting with some of the knowledgable snow machiners out there. My family and I live here at Wainwright and were wanting to get out and enjoy all this snow weve been receiving (as soon as it warms up). I was wondering if any of you guys had some old machines sitting around that needed to be used this winter. I would be willing to buy or rent them from you guys for a reasonable price. We simply just want to ride around Wainwright and maybe around CHS road. Any advice or offers? Thanks for reading and hope you all are having a great New Year.
    Your best bet is to check for machines on www.alaskaslist.com or www.craigslist.org.. and you'll want to look at the machine and test start/drive it...

  7. #7
    Member Rock_skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deltajct
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    What kinda price range are you looking at ?

  8. #8
    New member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I would like to get a couple with a trailer, ideally. I was looking around the $1500-$2500 range.....prob kind of hard to find two that run with a trailer for that little bit of money. Ill search the ads. Thanks to all for the good feedback.

  9. #9
    Moderator Paul H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    5,594

    Default

    Just keep in mind that often times the "least expensive" used sleds will end up costing you alot more then spending a couple hundred bucks more on one that has been well maintained.

    Often times at the end of the season you can find a pair of older sleds on a trailer for $3k, but it would be an uncommon deal to find a pair in decent shape on a trailer for less.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

    If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

  10. #10
    Member SusitnaAk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ANCHORAGE
    Posts
    779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGGRESSOR6 View Post
    I would like to get a couple with a trailer, ideally. I was looking around the $1500-$2500 range.....prob kind of hard to find two that run with a trailer for that little bit of money. Ill search the ads. Thanks to all for the good feedback.
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/2793628302.html
    Good starter machines maybe worth a look

  11. #11
    Member Rock_skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deltajct
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    I have what you are looking for but dang it's hard to part with it, lol.

    You know you spend your whole life getting these toys and then something happens and you can't use them anymore.

    I have a 90 polaris 500, 2 up seat that has been rebuilt but does have some miles on it since ( think the od meter is something like 9000 ) still runs strong to this day, elec start, reverse, well mantained. It will come with a Sprint Trailer that is wide enough for the new machines, shes not all that pretty, but not ugly either, $1500,00

  12. #12
    New member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Dont sound like too bad of a deal! I may contact you later on when I get back off of vacation. Do you have any pictures you can post or anything. I appreciate the reply and look forward to hearing from you.......9000 miles...wow, thats a lot of miles.

  13. #13
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

  14. #14
    Member trochilids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Palmer, Alaska
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Not certain, but I "think" Elmendorf AFB (OK, JBER) Outdoor Rec down here near Anchroage has snowmachines to rent during the winter. If you are military and on Wainright, maybe they have an Outdoor Rec office with similar rentals -- save you the cost and "hassle" of owning, at least initially while giving you the opportunity to play around with the family.
    Palmer, Alaska
    "There are some things money can buy. For everything else, there's ALASKA!"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •