Thread: Meat proccessors in Fairbanks

Default Meat proccessors in Fairbanks

Which meat proccessors do you recomend using or not using in Fairbanks ?

Just interested because clients are always asking whom to take their meat to.

We do our own so we havent used any of them.

Thanks
    RJ Simington

also should mention that alot of our customers have no vehicle & are waiting for a flight out after their hunt.

Thanks again

I live in Fairbanks and have tried the processors in town and will either do my own or have Delta Meats process it. I can't in good faith send any one to any of the ones in Fairbanks. Delta meats will deliver to Fairbanks and I think they will pickup as well, but call to confirm.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Thank you Steve,

Unfortunately I dont have a place to keep their game meat for more than a couple days to get Delta to pick it up.

I was concidering charging them & driving it over to Delta myself but I do not have time during the day to do it.

Again Thanks
    RJ Simington

Though I've only used them once as an overnight cold storage facility, I have to give a plug for Interior Alaska Fish Processors (near the city dog kennel, I think). My wife and I were returning from the Brooks Range this past August and planned on spending the night at a hotel in Fairbanks. Air temps were hovering around 70 F when we pulled into town. We called them up and asked if they'd let us use their walk-in cooler for a storage fee. Loaded up the caribou quarters on a pallet and they wheeled them into their cooler. Sure worked much better than keeping the meat in the back of my truck overnight. Though I've never used them for fish or game processing I felt I'd mention their name considering they helped me out.

Jeff

I might just have to go in & talk to Virgil & see his operation.

Thanks Jeff

RJ Simington

I heard that Al (Fairbanks Fur tannery) might be installing a freezer for hunters to stage meat before flying home or getting processed. You might call him to see if he's got it going for 2012. Just a thought

larry

I think Als freezer is for Velvet antlers & other raw stuff so he can have a little flexability on taking care of them.

I am putting in a large walk in Cooler but I Wont cut anyone elses meat.

Sounds like Fairbanks would be a GREAT place to open a GOOD Meat shop.

I will throw a plug for Interior fish processors as well. I took my black bear to them and had it turned into sausage and it was fantastic. I also took my cow moose to them last year after I had a friend process my first moose a few years earlier and it turned out horrible. The cow was very tasty. Significantly better than the "buddy" tactic. I will say they didn't do a phenomenal job with my steaks but the burger and sausage from the moose was stellar and I have had their huntersticks as well which I give a thumbs up to.