Thread: bear stand map

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Default bear stand map

I know fish and game used to pin stand locations on a map in there office. anyone know if there is something available online? baited near hope last year but looking for something closer but don't wanna shack up with 20 other baiters in the square mile. foot is my means of access when I park the truck.

AKRR , each fish and game department is different, some offices have maps, some do not for the privacy of the hunters. I know the one where we bait has a map that gets alot of thumbtacks in it of active stands.. its helps out all around.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

When I went in to Fairbanks the last 2 years, they didn't have a map, and got really squirrelly when I asked if there was anybody close by my set. Never did get an answer about how close the next bait station was.

They will not tell you that info in Palmer, I know that. Hard to get those ladies behind the desk to do anything for that matter...
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default re: Bait stand maps

ADFG don't keep the bait stand maps with the pins in them anymore because of private land trespassing issues. Several years ago Native Corporations used those maps to prosecute baiters for trespassing. You don't want anyone to know where your stand is anyway.

On a brighter note, Spring is almost here. I bought my scent balls yesterday

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Well ill just have to stay off the beaten path and hope for the best I suppose. Hope we all have a better year than last, good luck everyone!

i was thinking about setting up 2 news stands myself. i decided to buy some land so that way you dont have to worry about other people being on top of my spots. from what i have read it should be a good season next spring. good luck keep me posted on your success because i am in afghanistan so i wont be hunting this spring