Thread: Looking for side work? Need sauna/steam bath built and delivered!

Default Looking for side work? Need sauna/steam bath built and delivered!

I just don't seem to have the time to do everything I want, but I'm looking at seeing if any of you fellow bushdwellers are looking for some side work. I'd like to have a sauna/steambath built. You can build it at your location and deliver or build out here and we'll provide you a place to sleep and meals. Does not have to be large, maybe 8' x 8' or so. Might need a small changing part/shower before you acutally go into the sauna. Of course, decently done and cedar lined and all wood fired with a stove. Mounted on a skid would be great also. On another note, if anyone has one they are selling, I would look at that too.

Open to suggestions, idea's, etc. I don't have a lot of cash, but what I do have, I'd rather give to a local to help them along. Open to suggestions also!

Thanks, Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    I just don't seem to have the time to do everything I want, but I'm looking at seeing if any of you fellow bushdwellers are looking for some side work. I'd like to have a sauna/steambath built. You can build it at your location and deliver or build out here and we'll provide you a place to sleep and meals. Does not have to be large, maybe 8' x 8' or so. Might need a small changing part/shower before you acutally go into the sauna. Of course, decently done and cedar lined and all wood fired with a stove. Mounted on a skid would be great also. On another note, if anyone has one they are selling, I would look at that too.

Open to suggestions, idea's, etc. I don't have a lot of cash, but what I do have, I'd rather give to a local to help them along. Open to suggestions also!

Thanks, Claude
    I have built four Yupik style steambaths in my life. If you don't find anybody by summer, I'd be happy to do it for you.

Sayak,
    Thanks! The really is what I was looking for, the Yupik style. I spent a lot of time in one in South Naknek many years ago. Now that you reminded me! Appreciate the offer. I figured this project wouldn't get off the ground until the snow is gone anyhow, which this year I think is going to be late May at the earliest.

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    Sayak,
    Thanks! The really is what I was looking for, the Yupik style. I spent a lot of time in one in South Naknek many years ago. Now that you reminded me! Appreciate the offer. I figured this project wouldn't get off the ground until the snow is gone anyhow, which this year I think is going to be late May at the earliest.

Claude
    Let me know early summer if you still need one built and I'll plan on building it on site.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Let me know early summer if you still need one built and I'll plan on building it on site.
    Hello Sayak,
    Sounds like you are an experienced Carpenter and if you don't mind I like to pick your brain
    about being a Carpenter in AK.....Pay, availible work etc. I currently work as a Yacht Carpenter
    in Florida and just bought property in AK and I was curious of thr opportunities. You can PM if
    you don't mind. Thanks for your help.

Yeah, tons of work in August and September, when you should be out hunting. The slowdown hit here as everywhere, sometimes there's virtually nada, especially if you live rural. Lots of remodeling and weatherization if you like that kind of thing.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg