Thread: Barnes Buster....anyone tried these?

Default Barnes Buster....anyone tried these?

They are kinda spendy compared to HC but I was wondering if anyone has used these on critters to see how they perform on real targets.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/321...base-box-of-50
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

I am using them in my 444 Marlin and would love to hear of some real life results as well.

Just started using them in my 1895 SBL 45/70 Still working up a good load. So far 53.5 grains with Ram Shot Exterminator looks good on paper.

My understanding is they perform like a solid. So they might be a good alternative if one wants that kind of penetration and can't get hard cast bullets to shoot out of their gun. I load the 400 grain Kodiak Bonded Core bullets with H322. I have some hard cast 440 grain LBT's that I am not sure I will ever use. I know a hard cast or Barnes Buster should penetrate from here to the "lower 48", I am just not convinced they kill North American game any better then the 400 grain Kodiak. If I had shot a couple of hundred big moose and big bears with both bullets I would have some practical experience to enable me to reach a conclusion. Maybe they will, I just will probably never know. So I guess if you want the most penetration and think that kills best you might want to try a 400 grain hard cast first, it would be much cheaper.