I decided to goof around with a Marlin Papoose take-down 22.
1. Remove magazine safety cut-off. To allow single shots without magazine being inserted.
2. Work on terrible 12 pound trigger pull. Now about 5 pounds. needs more work
3. Install 4 power scope with 1 inch tube.
4. Remove butt-plate and cut off rear 1.0 inch of stock.
5. Install Limb-saver slip-on pad with heavy duty snaps.
6. Insert minimal survival gear in butt-stock
a. 60 rounds ammo
b. Barrel install wrench / screwdriver tool
c. Water proof matches
d. 12 feet shot-line cord
e. Fire tab ration heater (not in photo)
g. Spare 7 round magazine
h. Lightweight razor knife
i. Cleaning patches (in ammo bag)
7. Used a lanyard to attach 10 round mag to rifle.
8. Attach lightweight sling.
It does not shoot well with high price ammo. The Ely's target ammo is horrible. But for some reason it really likes the cheap CCI- Blazer 22 ammo.
Not bad for a touch over 4 pounds with everything attached or inserted.