Thread: Marmot Grid

Default Marmot Grid

Hi everybody, I know some of you were talking about how you liked the Marmot Grid for really intense rain. Well REI-outlet has it for a steal right now. Thought I would pass it on.

http://www.rei.com/outlet/deal-of-the-day

Right On! What a deal. Honestly I like this tent for our wet conditions. I bought one. Rep point sent. $237 with free shipping.

Thanks Russp17.

Looks like a nice tent and a sweet deal. I see the inner tent goes up with the outer. After having a Hilleberg that pitches this way I don't know if I could ever go back to the old tent/fly setup.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I like the idea, I'll have to check that out next time I'm at REI. I already have two tents and a hammock so right now I'm not in the market but I might consider getting rid of one of the tents. That's a sweet set up, looks like.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

I already have tents too. I even already have the regular Grid in the green colors. At that price I just couldn't pass it up.

It could fit my gotta hunt, with a buddy,in a torential downpour situation. I could take my Tepee and this and for under 10 pounds have a food/hangout and sleeping quarters shelter.

Or just make my buddy hunting carry his own and go up into the mountains with two Grid tents and only share if we have to.

+1 Russ....
    Great abode for the coin--especially for those in Southeast.

Thanks for posting the thread and link...........
    Proud to be an American!

Default Great,

Another gear site I have to monitor!!!

Will

Check the REI deal of the day page. The Grid is on there again, at $180.